DAI Global, LLC шукає Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking highly qualified candidates for full-time Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team in Kyiv or other regional HOVERLA office in Ukraine (Poltava, Lutsk, Lviv, Zhytomyr, Rivne, Odesa, Uzhhorod). Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
Applications will be accepted until 23 November 2023. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
DAI Global LLC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv with project activities across Ukraine’s regions and communities. The HOVERLA Activity will build upon accomplishments and progress made to complete the necessary legal framework for decentralization and support Ukraine’s advance to self-reliant local governance. It supports the operation of newly consolidated communities, improves services delivered to citizens, and advances citizen engagement and confidence at all levels. HOVERLA has three primary objectives:
- Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective;
- Objective 2: Subnational government achieves greater self-reliance; and
- Objective 3: Citizen’s participation and influence is increased in local governance processes
To support these initiatives, DAI seeks qualified candidates to fulfill HOVERLA’s goals.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will work with the Chief of Party (COP) to manage program’s implementation and oversee its performance, management, and operations. The DCOP will assist with high-quality, timely and complete submission of work plans, financial reports, performance reports, etc. S/he will maintain communication and momentum among teams, closely monitor progress of interventions, and work with Ops Director to ensure that the proper operational support is in place for successful implementation. The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, and other donors.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Serve as a senior representative for the project with external stakeholders (ministries, GoU institutions, other projects, and donors) as required by implementation requirements and agreed upon with COP.
- Support the COP in preparation of annual and activity work plans as set forth in the project design, contract, and deliverables schedule.
- Facilitate the achievement of program objectives and targets with management and technical support.
- Coordinate the work of the program components and ensure appropriate collaboration across all teams.
- Directly supervise and be responsible for the performance of senior staff as assigned by the approved organizational chart.
- Support program learning and adaptive management.
- Ensure that project deliverables are technically sound, of highest quality, delivered on time, and meet specifications as set forth by the client or the COP.
- Contribute data and analysis to monthly, quarterly, annual, MEL, and ad hoc communications and reports.
- Serve as liaison with DAI’s Home Office on project management and technical progress; maintain regular communication with Home Office project team.
- Oversee project operations, financial management, grants management, monitoring and evaluation, and communications.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Support the COP in all management aspects of the project.
- Serve as acting COP in the absence of the COP, with all technical, administrative, and operational responsibilities.
- Other activities, as required and/or assigned by the COP.
- An advanced degree (master’s, PhD, JD) and minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the successful implementation of international development activities in local governance, decentralization, community development, civic engagement, and service delivery/infrastructure improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with governance sector professionals, including elected representatives and staff at all levels of government, local governance experts, public administration and public finance professionals, engineers, local economic development and service provision experts, civil society, journalists, and other donors.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Ukrainian