Consultant for youth workers training on humanitarian aid project design for USAID DOBRE Program/ Консультант/ка з розробки тренінгу для молодіжних працівників по розробці проектів гуманітарної допомоги в програму USAID DOBRE
USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency Program (DOBRE) implemented by Global Communities is seeking a qualified Consultant for the Youth Workers Training:
POSITION: Consultant for youth workers training on humanitarian aid project design
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 1 month
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Remotely via online communication
LOE (Level of Effort) DAYS: up to 10 working days for the entire period. The exact number of days will be determined individually during the contracting process.
Global Communities is implementing the USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) Program in Ukraine. DOBRE is working to help consolidated communities (CCs) in Ukraine to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities that decentralization brings, by improving their local governance and increasing the engagement of their citizens in policy- and decision-making. Areas of support include strategic planning; financial management; public service delivery; local economic development; and gender- and youth-responsive policies. DOBRE is also working to foster linkages and cooperation across CCs. Partners with Global Communities in the DOBRE Program Consortium include the Ukrainian Crisis Media Center (UCMC); SocialBoost; the Foundation in Support of Local Democracy (FSLD/FRDL), the Malopolska School of Public Administration at the Krakow University of Economics (MSAP/UEK), Poland; and the National Democratic Institute (NDI).
The USAID DOBRE Program is working closely with 100 CCs in 10 Oblasts of Ukraine: Dnipropetrovsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kharkiv, Kherson, Kirovohrad, Mykolayiv, Ternopil, Chernivtsi, Chernihiv and Zaporizhzhia.
One of the directions of the DOBRE program is support for youth engagement mechanism. It is planned to hold a series of trainings for representatives of youth councils, youth workers and youth in general. The trainings will help increase the number of young people involved in community development, increase their influence in decision-making and solving community problems, and motivate young people to use their potential for the benefit of the community and grow as local leaders.
A large number of young people in communities have now changed the priorities of youth councils, spaces and switched to volunteering, working with humanitarian aids and helping internally displaced persons (IDPs). It is important to learn how to adapt the work of youth and community youth councils to rapid changes in a changing environment, how to properly and effectively publicize the results of volunteering, especially the work of the youth council on IDPs. DOBRE Program is planning to conduct a training on these topics.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC TASKS:
The training program is planned for 25 participants from communities in oblasts where DOBRE Program operates. The training program is scheduled for July 2022. It includes a training stage, practical tasks and post-training participants support.
Specific tasks for the Consultant for the Training of Youth Workers in territorial communities:
- Preparing and conducting a two-day training on the topic «Project Identification & Design. An humanitarian aid and supporting internally displaced persons in the territorial communities?». Development of a practical task for training participants – 7 days.
- Post-training accompaniment of participants – 2 days.
- Preparation of a feedback form and collection of information from participants. Reporting on the training – 1 day.
The format of the training should be interactive, based on methods of teaching young people and include practical exercises, the content of the sessions should be as close as possible to the realities of territorial communities in Ukraine.
Given the martial law in Ukraine, training and consultations will be conducted online. The trainer should be ready to conduct this training remotely using interactive methods and online tools.
Final approval of the content, training format and training materials (presentation, handouts, feedback questionnaires) will be agreed by DOBRE program team.
COORDINATION AND SUPERVISION:
To ensure the implementation of the above tasks, the consultant will:
- ensure constant communication/discussion of the training and coordination with the DOBRE Program team;
- provide, in response to requests, all work results for review, comment, and approval by the DOBRE Program team;
- hold briefings with the DOBRE Program team (if necessary).
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Global Communities will select the consultant based on meeting the following criteria:
- Master’s Degree in one or more relevant fields of knowledge (public administration, management, youth work, social work).
- Experience of design and conducting trainings on “Project management”, “Project design”, “Humanitarian aid”, “Working with IDPs” themes will be an advantage.
- Experience remote learning programs using Zoom, Padlet, Miro, Google files and / or other online tools.
- Knowledge of youth work and experience in youth policy will be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of decentralization processes.
To apply please send your CV as well as Cover Letter with summary of your experience as described above to [email protected] indicating “Consultant for training on humanitarian aid project design” in the subject line by July 8, 2022.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.