Civic Engagement Manager Suppоrt to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Civic Engagement Manager (CEM) to support the SACCI program in Ukraine. The CEM will be responsible for working with civil society organizations, civic activists, private sector, and professional associations to promote citizen engagement and different target audiences in anti-corruption activities. The CEM will build and maintain civic networks as well as establish networks and partnerships between anti-corruption activists and organizations from Ukraine and supporting nations. The CEM will manage CSO support activities directly related to SACCI’s mandate, including supervising and managing activities of the grantee organizations supported by SACCI. The CEM will also ensure smooth and effective cooperation with government partners, predominantly but not limited to the National Agency for Corruption Prevention, on engaging citizens in anti-corruption activities and increasing public understanding of corruption and its costs. This is a full-time position for the period of 12 months with a possible extension for up to 6 months.
- Support networking and collaboration among nongovernmental actors, such as CSOs, activists, and professional associations, that work in anti-corruption related areas in Ukraine and abroad.
- Build, through training and mentoring, the capacity and skills of nongovernmental actors to engage citizens and target groups in anti-corruption activities, including monitoring humanitarian assistance and ensuring transparency and accountability of the post-war reconstruction efforts.
- Contribute to assessing citizen awareness and engagement in anti-corruption activities in Ukraine and translate findings into SACCI activity programming.
- Lead the design, implementation, and supervision of SACCI’s anti-corruption initiatives for CSOs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with the NACP Integrity Office and other relevant counterparts, beneficiaries, and stakeholders on a day-to-day basis to implement joint activities effectively.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and supervision of SACCI’s support to the NACP Integrity Office in engaging citizens in anti-corruption activities and forming zero tolerance to corruption.
- Contribute to the design of the SACCI grants program for CSOs, participate in the selection of grantees and work planning process, and provide technical oversight and quality assurance of the projects implemented by the grantees.
- Provide technical oversight of the performance of SACCI’s grantees, partners, subcontractors, and consultants to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of the activities in line with SACCI’s objectives and standards.
- Assist with organizing SACCI public events, such as workshops, roundtables, trainings, etc.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality SACCI project documents and deliverables as well as analytical research.
- Contribute to SACCI planning and reporting activities. Collaborate with USAID and other development stakeholders to jointly design and implement anti-corruption programs/activities for engaging CSOs.
- Collaborate with the SACCI team to achieve results and reach targets. Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, public administration, political science, communications, or other relevant areas is required.
- Minimum of five years of technical experience working with CSOs, including project and grantee management is required.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to community engagement in anti-corruption activities such as communication, public awareness, and social accountability.
- Knowledge of Ukraine’s anti-corruption reform agenda.
- Experience with an USAID-funded or other international organization is required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – July 15, 2022, 18:00 Kyiv time*
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. ur recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.