Chemonics International шукає Rebuilding and Recovery Specialist
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks a Rebuilding and Recovery Specialist, long-term position, for the USAID Competitive Economy Program (CEP). CEP is a five-year program funded by the US Agency for International Development. The purpose of CEP is to support startup businesses and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), increase domestic market competition, and support the competitiveness of Ukrainian firms in international markets. CEP achieves these objectives through five components: improve the business-enabling environment and business climate, support emerging industries, promote export capabilities, support WTO participation and compliance, and help lower costs of trade across Ukraine’s borders.
The Rebuilding and Recovery Specialist (Specialist) will work as part of the Manufacturing and Services Team (Team) and will work with the manufacturing and services sectors, with a special focus on those segments that produce goods/provide services necessary to the country’s post-war rebuilding, to build their sustainability and enable their development and growth. The Specialist will take an active role in design, implementation and coordination of the initiatives, projects and programs of Manufacturing and Services Team, contributing to the Program goals and objectives. The Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the effective planning, implementation, review and monitoring of the interventions.
Under the leadership of the Manufacturing and Services Manager, and consistent with CEP’s approved annual work plan, the Specialist will work with other technical teams to support improvements that contribute to the business-enabling environment, access to finance and investments, and improved trade across borders, as well as with communications and operations staff to proactively manage the successful implementation of relevant manufacturing and services activities. Throughout implementation, the Specialist will actively support communications and coordination with USAID, Ministry of Economy (MoE), Entrepreneurship and Export Promotion Office (EEPO), other government counterparts, and public and private sector stakeholders involved in work with these industries. The Specialist provides technical assistance and supports recruitment of short-term technical assistance in cooperation with the Operations Team, regular monitoring and reporting on grants in cooperation with the Grants Team, and tracking performance indicators in cooperation with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team.
The Specialist’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the design, planning and implementation of initiatives and projects aimed at building resilience of SMEs in manufacturing and services sectors and promoting SMEs growth both locally and globally, with a special focus on SMEs working in those segments that produce goods/provide services necessary to the country’s post-war rebuilding.
- In cooperation with other technical staff and short-term technical assistance: provide direct technical assistance to SMEs and startups supported by the program; develop market analysis and assessments; link producers, sellers, and buyers in domestic and foreign markets; evaluate business operations and opportunities; identify challenges, growth barriers, and operational inefficiencies; advise businesses on strategy and growth opportunities; identify needs for additional targeted expertise to address specific gaps and challenges; and support domestic networking opportunities to help facilitate the building of business clusters, alliances, etc.
- Assess the sectors’ institutional framework, analyze its effectiveness, identify any capacity building and institutional strengthening needs, and make recommendations on interventions that can support the sectors overall resilience and promotion.
- Assess training needs, facilitate the planning and implementation of the meetings, training programs, workshops, and other events in cooperation with other program staff, government counterparts, local stakeholders, technical assistance programs, and others as needed.
- Prepare technical scopes of work for short-term consultants, develop requests for applications (RFA) to award grants, and requests for proposals (RFP) to award subcontracts, coordinating and overseeing assignments of consultants, grantees, and subcontractors relating to manufacturing and services sectors.
- Provide input to CEP’s annual work plans; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans and activities; and daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting and planning as required.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the COP / their designee, consistent with the needs and requirements of the Program.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the Specialist position are:
- A relevant university degree (e.g. International Development; Business Administration; Marketing; International Economy, Economics, etc.).
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in business development or sales or similar position in the manufacturing and services sectors (preferably one of them, both would be a strong advantage).
- Good understanding of the structure, strengths and challenges for SMEs in the manufacturing and services sectors.
- Experience in communication with SMEs and facilitation of B2B networking and partnerships preferred.
- Experience in designing and delivering capacity development programs for SMEs in the context of internationalization, scaling-up or sales growth preferred.
- Previous experience with USAID or other international technical assistance projects is an advantage.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and focus while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Please send a CV and brief letter of interest in English indicating related experience and achievements by February 10, 2023 to [email protected]. Please include your name and “Rebuilding and Recovery Specialist” in the subject line. Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. The post of assignment is CEP’s Kyiv office. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.