Chemonics International шукає Grants Associate
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks a Grants Associate, long-term position, for the USAID-funded Competitive Economy Program (CEP). CEP is a five-year program to increase the competitiveness of startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Ukraine, as well as to increase the competitiveness of Ukrainian products in foreign markets, through a combined focus on improving Ukraine’s business enabling environment, increasing private sector competitiveness, increasing access to finance and investments, promoting exports, and facilitating trade.
The Grants Associate will support CEP’s Grants and Subcontracts Team through the entire grants and procurement cycle, ensuring implementation of applicable USAID and Chemonics policies. For grants, this includes: organizing and filing grant applications and supporting documentation; supporting the grant selection processes, negotiations, and grants awards for specific grant programs as needed; ensuring all hardcopy and digital files relating to grants are organized and retained in accordance with USAID requirements and Chemonics’ policies and procedures; and ensuring all grant trackers are up-to-date. For procurement, tasks include: supporting the Procurement Specialist to draft and issue solicitations, collect quotations, and execute procurements of goods and services in support of both technical activities and administrative procurement needs; and ensuring all required documentation related to procurements is maintained and up-to-date – in both hardcopy and digital forms, as needed – in accordance with USAID requirements and Chemonics’ policies and procedures. The Grants Associate will operate within the Grants and Subcontracts Team and under the direct supervision of a Grants Manager.
The Grants Associate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support grant activities in compliance with the CEP grants and subcontracts manuals, USAID regulations, and local laws and regulations.
- Apply CEP’s procedures and processes in evaluating grant applications to determine eligibility.
- Participate as a non-voting member of the grants selection committee.
- Assist in preparing grant evaluation documentation, draft selection memorandums, complete initial drafts of grant award agreements, and track the submission of grantee reports and monitoring/milestone data.
- Maintain current, complete, and audit-ready records – both hardcopy and digital files – of grants and subcontracts.
- Support grant and subcontract close-out.
- Coordinate with the grants accountant.
- Conduct site visits to grantees as required.
- Regularly gather budgetary and financial information of subcontracts and in-kind grants, and monitor expanses and payment of invoices.
- Support Procurement Specialist with pricing and purchasing of goods and services for both technical and non-technical procurement needs.
- Record, screen, and review Procurement Action Requests (PAR) and track each PAR as it moves through the process, prevent delays and trouble-shoot roadblocks.
- Liaise with vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality of services and products as required.
- Draft initial scopes of work for RFPs prior to public release, including to anticipate offerors’ questions and work with technical leads to finalize solicitations and respond to offerors’ questions.
- Support the Procurement Specialist with inventory management.
- Perform any other related tasks consistent with the Grants Associate’s qualifications and this scope of work.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the Grants Associate position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, or related field required.
- Experience in grants administration and/or procurement/subcontracts and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations regarding grants and procurements preferred.
- Experience in and/or good understanding of procurement procedures of international organizations, including source selection, budget negotiation, reviewing reports, and recordkeeping preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel preferred; basic proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other office applications required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in fast-paced environments required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Professional proficiency in English and Ukrainian required.
Please send a CV and brief letter of interest in English indicating related experience and achievements by May 31, 2022, to [email protected] Please include your name and “Grants Associate” in the subject line. Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.