Chemonics International шукає Grants Specialist
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks a Grants Specialist, long-term position, for the USAID Competitive Economy Program (CEP). CEP is a five-year program funded by the US Agency for International Development. The purpose of CEP is to support startup businesses and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), increase domestic market competition, and support the competitiveness of Ukrainian firms in international markets. CEP achieves these objectives through five components: improve the business-enabling environment and business climate, support emerging industries, promote export capabilities, support WTO participation and compliance, and help lower costs of trade across Ukraine’s borders.
The Grants Specialist will support CEP’s grants and subcontracts team with: grant administration and documentation; organizing and filing grant applications and supporting documentation; and supporting the grant selection processes, negotiations, and grants awards for specific grant programs, as needed. The Grants Specialist will also assist in the design, development, and application of the project’s grants policies, procedures and practices. The Grants Specialist will operate within the grants and subcontracts team, and under the supervision of the Grants Manager. The Grants Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Grants Manager in the management of all grants awarded by CEP and ensuring that the grants comply with USAID regulations, the CEP contract, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures. Additionally, the Grants Specialist will support the grants and subcontracts team with management of procurement logistics, particularly for in-kind grants, and subcontracts as needed. The Grants Specialist will also assist CEP’s MEL Team with collecting, entering, and analyzing grantee and subcontractor data, which contributes to CEP’s reporting requirements.
The Grants Specialist’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support grant activities and subcontracts in compliance with the CEP grants manual, Chemonics policies and procedures, and USAID regulations;
- Ensure full compliance with USAID regulations related to fair and open competition in the award of grants and manage the issuance of solicitations for grants proposals, including APSs, RFAs, RFPs/RFQs, and other grant and subcontract documents;
- Assist in the management of procurement logistics, particularly for in-kind grants, and subcontracts as needed;
- Apply CEP’s procedures and processes in evaluating applications for grant and subcontract funding, including to participate as a member of the Grants and Subcontracts Evaluation Committee as needed;
- Assist in preparing evaluation documentation to identify potential grantees and subcontractors, draft selection memorandums, prepare award agreements, and track the submission of grantee reports and monitoring/milestone data;
- Maintain current, complete, and audit-ready records of grants and subcontracts; support with grant and subcontract close-out;
- Contribute to preparation and execution of trainings on project/grant implementation for program grantees;
- Provide input to MEL plans and activities; and quarterly, and annual reporting and planning as required, including to monitor and track the activities and performance of organizations who receive grants under the program;
- Gather and communicate budgetary and financial information of subcontracts and grants, and payment of invoices, on a regular basis;
- Perform other tasks consistent with the Grants Specialist’s qualifications, scope of work, and the general requirements of CEP.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the Grants Specialist position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related field required;
- At least 2 years of experience in grants management required;
- Previous experience implementing donor funded projects and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations regarding grants and procurements preferred;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel preferred; basic proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other office applications required;
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain good relations with the relevant partners and counterparts required;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in fast-paced environments required;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity required;
- Professional proficiency in English and Ukrainian required.
Please send a CV and brief letter of interest in English indicating related experience and achievements by April 30, 2022 to [email protected]. Please include your name and “Grants Specialist” in the subject line. Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.