Chemonics International шукає Access to Finance Advisor
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks an Access to Finance Advisor, long-term position, for the USAID Competitive Economy Program (CEP). CEP is a five-year program funded by the US Agency for International Development. The purpose of CEP is to support startup businesses and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), increase domestic market competition, and support the competitiveness of Ukrainian firms in international markets. CEP achieves these objectives through five components: improve the business-enabling environment and business climate, support emerging industries, promote export capabilities, support WTO participation and compliance, and help lower costs of trade across Ukraine’s borders.
The Access to Finance Advisor (Advisor) will provide management support for implementation of a broad array of CEP activities relating to access to finance. The Advisor will assist the Government of Ukraine (GOU) and the private sector to develop and implement innovative approaches to increase access to finance for SMEs overall and specific segments of the SME population, such as, for instance, exporters, IT companies and start-ups, women-owned businesses, etc. The Advisor will support CEP’s activities in development and implementation of a comprehensive approach to leverage large-scale finance from financial institutions and the private sector, and will support building capacity of the private sector to widen access and utilization of various financial instruments, with a special focus on trade finance.
The Access to Finance Advisor’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support planning and implementation of access to finance activities and advise project teams on priority initiatives and strategic direction of the program in relation to access to finance activities.
- Support specific tasks outlined in the project work plan, ensuring the interventions are planned and executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all activities are executed in a timely manner in close cooperation with all stakeholders and program staff. Illustrative tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Direct technical assistance to government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of technical scopes of work for consultants, grants, subcontracts, surveys, and other support as required in support of access to finance activities.
- Coordinate tasks of consultants, grantees, subcontractors, and others supporting activities.
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of meetings, training programs, workshops, and other events relating to access to finance in cooperation with government counterparts, local stakeholders, other donors and programs, and other program staff.
- Identify solutions to challenges, opportunities to advance reforms, and increased coordination and collaboration with government counterparts, local stakeholders, and other donors and programs.
- Coordinate regularly with other program technical teams.
- Support communications and MEL reporting relating to access to finance activities.
- Contribute to enhanced dialogue between the Government of Ukraine, private sector, local organizations, and other donors and programs in support of program initiatives.
- Contribute in a timely manner to program annual work plans, MEL plans and reports, documentation of lessons learned, success stories, newsletters, reports (daily, weekly and quarterly), and routine requests from
- Participate in regular meetings with USAID, government counterparts, other local stakeholders, COP/DCOP, and other program staff as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the COP/DCOP consistent with the Advisor’s qualifications, this scope of work, and the general requirements of the program.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the Access to Finance Advisor position are:
- Advanced degree in business, economics, banking, law or similar field;
- At least 8 years of experience working in Ukraine in the financial sector or on the financial sector issues, management positions in the government/government-owned entities and/or for donor-funded projects;
- Demonstrated expertise in Ukrainian legislation and policies related to finance;
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proven relationship management skills, effective cross-cultural interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Please send a CV and brief letter of interest in English indicating related experience and achievements by August 19, 2022 to [email protected]. Please include your name and “Access to Finance Advisor” in the subject line. Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. The post of assignment is CEP’s Kyiv office. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.