Асистент/ка з розвитку проектів / Program Development Assistant
Chemonics International Inc., an international development consulting firm, seeks a Program Development Assistant to ensure smooth and compliance financial project operations for the ongoing Chemonics project. This is a remote work position in Ukraine. Please indicate where you can work from and what regions you are familiar with.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Weekly report on socio-political context and assist Project to assess the local situation to understand activity opportunities per program objectives and clusters.
- Identify and conceptualize new potential activities that are appropriate to respond to the current Ukrainian political situation and Project’s established program goals and objectives.
- Facilitate communication between Project staff, prospective grantees and other program beneficiaries.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to grantees, and potential partners as required, during the activity preparation stage and in the implementation phase in coordination with other staff.
- Organize regional meetings with grantees, focus groups, community leaders, and members.
- Report on relevant community or regional meetings, possibly with a translation of relevant documents.
- Assist with any ad hoc procurement logistics and coordination needs that may arise.
- Conduct research and information gathering for activity development and other duties as assigned.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the activities under implementation.
- Write final monitoring reports.
- Occasional travel throughout Ukraine, if permissible.
- The PDA reports to the Program Development Officer (PDO).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Be thoroughly familiar with the socio-political situation in Ukraine.
- Knowledgeable of and capable of working within local communities and with local government stakeholders.
- Prior experience working with NGOs and/or local communities and/or youth groups preferred.
- Organized, proactive, professional, able to work independently, and have well-developed analytical skills.
- Be able to travel throughout the GOU-controlled territory of Ukraine and have access to transportation.
- Native fluency in Russian/Ukrainian is required; professional functionality in English is highly desirable.
- Computer fluency, including MS Word, Excel, e-mail, internet research, and social media platforms.
- University degree required.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by October 11, 2022. Please insert the position you are applying for (“Program Development Assistant”) in the subject line and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”