Асистент/ка з Фінансів / Finance Assistant (CBI) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Finance Assistant (CBI)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 05 December 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Senior Resource Management Officer, the direct supervision of the National Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant (CBI) will be responsible and accountable for providing the necessary support in matters of financial nature of the IOM Mission in Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist with the control and monitoring of the finance activities of the IOM Mission in Ukraine.
- Assist project staff with CBI (Cash-based Intervention) program including preparing respective MPRs, facilitating payments, processing required vendor account reconciliation and PRISM entries as well as interaction with service providers.
- Effect cash and bank payments to suppliers and staff members.
- Ensure all supporting documents and signatures are obtained before proceeding with payment.
- Perform TYA (Treasure Payments Approver) and TYP (Treasure Outgoing Payments Processor) in PRISM: prepares and reviews treasure payments runs and proposals.
- Maintain the Petty Cash count of the Mission.
- Assist with the effective interaction with banking system.
- Verify that sufficient funds are available in cash and local bank account.
- Prepare invoices, MPRs and Mission Funding Request.
- Bring to the attention of the National Senior Finance Officer any relevant financial and budgetary issues; suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school Degree/Certificate with at least four years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Economics, Finance or Accounting) from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Finance and/or Accounting, preferably with international organizations;
- Knowledge of IPSAS and SAP/PRISM a distinct advantage;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel.
English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to [email protected] by 5 December 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 21.11.2023 to 05.12.2023