Асистент/ка у Верховну Раду України для МФО “Рівні можливості”
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, UK, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
The Equal Opportunities Caucus (EOC) is an inter-faction union of MPs in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, which seeks to promote gender equality principles, protect women’s rights, enforce existing national gender equality policies and draft new gender-related laws.
NDI-Ukraine in partnership with the EOC is currently seeking to fill in a position of the Assistant at the Secretariat of the EOC. The Assistant is hired by NDI through a consultancy contract and reports to the EOC coordinator and co-chairs and to NDI. This is a full time position, which will be based in Kyiv (Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine).
Job Title: Assistant of the Equal Opportunities Caucus in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance to all operations of the caucus and serve as primary support to the EOC Secretariat Coordinator.
- Assist in drafting reports, program updates, work plans, briefing materials, press-announcements and press-releases for co-chairs, experts and consultants of the Caucus.
- Perform administrative duties as needed to support the Coordinator, including data entry, arranging appointments, travel, preparing correspondence, and records maintenance.
- Provide oral translation at the meetings and written translation of the EOC materials as needed.
- Follow and understand situation with gender equality in Ukraine.
- Provide logistical arrangements for organizing conferences, roundtables, strategic planning sessions, workshops, and meetings with participation of the EOC co-chairs and members and during their travel.
- Attend meetings arranged under the EOC activities, take meeting notes and prepare minutes.
- Compile and draft EOC newsletter in Ukrainian on a monthly basis.
- Carry out other tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, Law and International Relations or Linguistics with a focus on gender studies;
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in Ukraine’s reform, political processes and advancement of gender equality, women’s political participation, and citizen engagement;
- Work experience in a related field is preferred, together with a thorough understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet).
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English and Ukrainian by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position (Assistant of the Equal Opportunities Caucus) you are applying for in the subject line.
NDI offers a competitive remuneration, which will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is October 22, 2018 (by COB). Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and an interview.