Асистент/ка ланцюгу поставок/Supply Chain Assistant – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Duty Station: Poltava, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, UG (1400 USD per month)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Ukraine and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer; the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in IOM Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive and consolidate all procurement requisition forms; verify they have all the required information and comply with the Purchase Authorization Matrix and other office instructions and obtain any necessary additional information.
- Prepare tender documents, solicit bids and quotations as applicable; prepare bid analysis summary and share it with the requesting unit.
- Once the purchase is approved, confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers, prepare the relevant documentation (purchase order, contract, etc.) and coordinate the required authorizations.
- Monitor status of open requisitions and follow up on the timely delivery of goods and services; upon delivery, coordinate with the receiving unit to obtain satisfactory delivery notes.
- Review vendor invoices, prepare payment requests and coordinate with Finance the timely payment to suppliers/service providers.
- Maintain physical and electronic records of all documentation through the procurement cycle in accordance with IOM instructions and procedures; retrieve and present information from the system and support preparation of periodic reports.
- Conduct market surveys to identify potential new suppliers/service providers; participate in their evaluation regarding quality, prices and services in line with the organization’s best interests.
- Keep track of any contractual agreements and inform concerned parties for timely renewal; monitor office supplies and service and prepare requisitions when required and coordinate with Finance Unit the payment of utilities invoices.
- Provide technical information to all staff in the office on procurement related instructions and procedures.
- Perform logistics tasks related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation.
- Support the coordination of transportation needs and drivers’ movements; verify all logbooks are properly maintained and monitor fuel consumption and vehicle’ maintenance records.
- Monitor activities of contractors working on the office premises.
- Support the organization of meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- High school diploma with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers;
- Experience with asset management process;
- Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage
- Experience working in an international organization is an advantage;
- Knowledge of SAP is highly desirable;
- Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form
to [email protected] by 28 March 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.03.2023 to 28.03.2023