Асистент/ка інформаційно-координаційного хабу House of Europe
House of Europe is a new EU funded programme fostering professional and creative exchange between Ukrainians and their colleagues in EU countries. The programme focuses on different professional fields: culture and creative industries, education, health, social entrepreneurship, media and youth, and features various EU opportunities available for Ukrainians in an online hub (houseofeurope.org.ua). The implementation of House of Europe is led by Goethe-Institut Ukraine, with British Council, Institut Français, and Czech Centre as consortium partners.
House of Europe is recruiting a full-time Hub Assistant (for ca. 3 years). Deadline for applications is 27 November 2019 15.00.
The position is based in the Kyiv office and is part of the Hub team of House of Europe. The Hub Assistant will work in close connection with Hub Manager, Hub team, Communication team, and Administration / Financial team.
Aims of the Hub team:
- Develop and realise the communication, dissemination, and visibility strategy of House of Europe
- Set up a comprehensive and fully functioning online platform / hub
- Establish a physical, EU-related information and coordination hub in Kyiv to serve as a single entry point for all inquires
- Set up physical pop-up / hubs and a mobile pavilion throughout Ukraine
- Ensure networking / sustainability of the House of Europe and other EU-related programmes by establishing an alumni platform
- Provide insights in EU opportunities, foster synergies and better outreach
The Hub team works closely with Communication team. Together with the digital platform and physical spaces throughout Ukraine, the Hub team improves visibility and accessibility of House of Europe and other EU programmes available for the Ukrainians.
Hub Assistant’s role profile:
- To assist in the coordination of Hub (incl. Communication, if applicable) team planning and preparation work
- To provide general Hub (incl. Communication, if applicable) team assistance including preparing and planning of Hub-related regional events
- To comply, summarise and present basic information / data on Hub (incl. Communication, if applicable) team and related hub-related topics / issues
- To assist in reviewing of Hub-related documents, esp. cost plans / budgets, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures; to help identify inconsistencies
- To make entries in computerised budget system
- To serve as focal point between Administration / Financial team and Hub team; to process and follow-up on administrative actions e.g. procurement of equipment and services, authorisation of payments, travel arrangements, training / study tours etc.
- To draft reports on budget-related issues, to prepare and update periodic reports, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets etc.
- To set up and maintain files / records, to organise meetings / workshops as well as special projects / events, to handle routine administrative tasks such as Hub team supplies etc.
- To ensure smooth and efficient information flow within Hub team in particular and House of Europe programme in general, to assist in the development of Hub team related administrative system and procedures
- To maintain files / databases for Hub team
- To perform other duties as assigned
Hub Assistant’s skills and qualifications
- University degree preferably in administration, management, economics, finance, law, or social sciences
- At least two (2) years of experience in programme / project administration, general office support, or related area, preferably in an international environment
- Knowledge of processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme / project administration, implementation and evaluation, budgeting
- Ability to work well with figures, undertake basic research, and gather information from standard sources
- Ability to apply good judgement, to observe deadlines and achieve results
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from Hub and Administration / Financial team to achieve organisational goals
- Ability to be able to identify priorities and adjust them as required
- Ability to allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Ability to work flexible hours, and at times also additional hours / on weekends in connection to Hub-related events
- Ability to show motivation in joining a challenging, multidisciplinary EU related programme
- English is essential, at least B2/C1-level
- German is an asset, at least A1/A2-level
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and established practices connected to administrative support and records management
- Experience using computerised budgeting systems
- Motivation to advance in German language
What we offer
- Good salary according to the Ukrainian remuneration schemes
- International, multi-skilled team working on a highly complex, challenging EU-programme in Ukraine
- German language courses
Candidates wishing to apply should send the filled out application form by email to email@example.com
Furthermore to be included
- Motivation letter
- CV in English
- University degree/-s, other work / education / language certificates (.jpg or .pdf)
- Scan of all filled-in pages of employment record book (трудова книжка)
Please enclose your contact information and a phone number by which you can be reached. Please indicate the position name “Hub Assistant” in the subject of your email.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted.