Асистент відділу водопостачання, гігієни та укриття / WASH / Shelter technical assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
NRC Ukraine is looking for WASH/Shelter assistant to join our dynamic team in Severodonetsk office.
Role and responsibilities
Provide support to the organization’s activities in the form of logistics/administrative support processes, procurement of goods and services for project activities under direction and guidance of WASH/Shelter Coordinator.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidelines and procedures
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of WASH/Shelter program administrative procedures
- Contribute to identification of data protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by line manager or PM.
- Assist the Technical Officers in registration of beneficiaries; post distribution monitoring; and/or verification of assistance distributions in line with NRC policies and donor requirements
- Support teams in administrative coordination processes among NRC departments
- Support WASH/Shelter team in administrative work in relation to beneficiary liaison/correspondence
- Conduct field trips, where necessary, to liaise with beneficiaries during all stages of the activities, for signing agreements and/or gathering other project relevant documentations
- Ensure that all relevant documents required by the supporting functions as Finance and Procurement are produced and provided by WASH/Shelter department
- Assist WASH/Shelter team with filing and archiving of the project documentation in Office 365 Proofreading of the beneficiaries’ agreements
- Prepare documentation package required for processing of the program payments
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working with logistics/procurement/administrative in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in processing of working documentation in both hard and electronic copies
- Knowledge of data collection tools and capability to use them
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Basic knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates
- Basic knowledge of administrative and financial procedures necessary for program payments processing
- Experience in preparing contracts, organizing and keeping electronic files structure
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and Russian language
- Working knowledge or communication in English, both written and verbal
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Type of contract: till the end of the year with the possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For submitting CVs please follow the link.