Асистент/-ка з моніторингу та оцінки – Міжнародна організація з міграції, Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: M&E Assistant
Duty Station: Dnipro
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 02 December 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the IM/MEL Manager (DTM Coordinator), and direct supervision of the M&E Specialist, the successful candidate will provide general support to the implementation of IOM, Mission in Ukraine’s efforts with regard to reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Participate in drafting data collection tools, templates, and assist in regular data collection process;
- Assist in maintaining relevant databases;
- Collaborate across various project teams in E&S Unit (including DTM) to support timely collection of data on project activities, and providing M&E related training if needed;
- Undertake duty travels within Ukraine to conduct post distribution monitoring of implemented activities and to establish links with focal points in various communities for data collection purposes;
- Assist in compiling M&E reports, contributing to ad hoc project progress reports, evaluation reports by providing M&E related information;
- Assist in collecting survey responses, case stories, best practice documentation, lessons learned; updating and maintaining that information in project’s reports and other knowledge products;
- Participate in virtual and offline internal and external monitoring through assisting in organizing and facilitating various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least four years of relevant work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution (preferably in International Relations, Political Science, Statistics or related field) with at least two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience in data collection, needs assessments, and report writing;
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis.
- Proficiency in KOBO, ODK or similar mobile data collection tools including XLS form coding and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau, GIS software or similar visualization tool; and
- Knowledge of the project cycle running humanitarian/development projects and/or programme.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things;
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on Personal History Form to [email protected] by 02 December 2022 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 24.11.2022 to 02.12.2022.