Асистент/-ка проєкту / Project Assistant – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Uzhhorod, Lviv (2), Poltava, Dnipro (3), Kyiv (2)
Classification: General Service Staff, G4
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 October 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the National Project Officer (Cohesion) and the direct supervision of the Project Specialist, (Community Cohesion) the successful candidate will provide support to the implementation of IOM Ukraine’s Response, Resilience and Recovery (RRR) Unit efforts focused on transition and recovery activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall implementation of the Response, Resilience and Recovery (RRR) Unit’s efforts.
- Support project specialists in regular reporting (IOM internal and external, briefing notes, statistical tables, presentations etc.), correspondence and reach-out to communities.
- Assist Project Specialists in contracting partners, assist in procurement of goods and services.
- Support Project Specialists in managing budget related information.
- Maintain close cooperation with other units, liaise with Data and Analytics, render support to monitoring and evaluation activities as necessary.
- Render support to programme visibility as necessary.
- Respond to general information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records; assist in/organize all relevant project logistics and organization of activities and events (meetings, presentations, discussions, visits, training sessions etc.).
- Participate in meetings and conferences; assist in coordinating implementation activities with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project. Take notes at relevant programme events.
- Draft official and unofficial correspondence in English and Ukrainian.
- Provide informal interpretation and written translation (English/Ukrainian) when necessary.
- Undertake duty travel within Ukraine, to areas selected for the Portfolio programming, on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
High School diploma/certificate with four years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in public administration, law, political science, international relations or other related field) from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience working with authorities and civil society;
- Experience with organizational and administrative duties;
- Proven drafting, writing, and reporting skills, confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience of field work;
- Knowledge of humanitarian activities and context is advantageous;
- Experience in community participation and cohesion, is advantageous;
- Experience in working with IDPs/refugees and/or vulnerable populations is advantageous;
- Knowledge and understanding of the issue of emergency and recovery response in Ukraine is an asset;
- Advanced PC skills.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian. Russian is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form to Відправити резюме by 16 October 2022 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 03.10.2022 to 16.10.2022