Асистент із зв’язків з громадськістю
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 14000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 1000 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for Communication assistant in our office in Severodonetsk.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions and responsibilities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the communication function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Conduct translation, proofreading of texts and documents of various kinds (which may include legal texts, legislature, administrative decisions and outgoing official and informal communications) as assigned
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Any other duties that will be assigned by Communication officer
- Provide consecutive interpretation from Ukrainian and/or Russian into English Language and vice versa during meetings
- Assist Communication officer in implementing external communication through social media.
- Gather content and photos of NRC activities and people in need in the field for public information materials and SmugMug photo platform
- Ensure the language accuracy of information products of NRC (booklets, brochures, leaflets, infographics etc.)
- Provide translation/interpretation whenever needed
- Submit regular activity reports to NRC management
- Min 4 years of experience from working as a translator/interpreter
- Advanced knowledge of English
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Proficient knowledge of Ukrainian and Russian languages
- Good knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Able to work independently
- Higher education in Translation / Languages
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Handling insecure environment
Contract period: 12 Months contingent upon availability of funds
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities, working day – 7.5 hours including 1 hour of lunch break.
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
The deadline for application – 31.01.2020 (due to the urgency of this position the recruitment can be finalized before the closing date of the position).