Асистент/ Асистентка HR відділу / HR assistant _Lviv, Kyiv, Dnipro
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps’ Ukraine crisis response seeks to meet the humanitarian needs of vulnerable Ukrainians and other conflict-affected people where they are: displaced inside Ukraine, refugees in Poland, Romania and Moldova, or trapped behind frontlines. We aim to reach 500,000 vulnerable people with multi-purpose cash assistance, in-kind humanitarian support, and protection services across four countries. Almost all of our impact will be delivered in partnership: with Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian and Moldovan civil society organizations through a granting program that matches humanitarian action with capacity strengthening, and with peer international NGOs through a consortium in Ukraine. Mercy Corps is responding to the Ukraine crisis with large-scale consortium programming with a focus on Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA). The Consortium is a partnership between four international humanitarian aid agencies to model and deliver innovative, effective cash and other humanitarian assistance programs to support people affected by the Ukraine crisis within Ukraine.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Serve under the direction of the HR Manager and HR Officer to process and properly document all daily HR activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist in processing of employee timesheets into a routine, monthly payroll – in cooperation with Finance Officer and Administrative Assistant.
- Responsible for tracking annual leave days, per diems, and other allowances, as per Mercy Corps policy. Ensuring all leave days and per diems are reflected on payroll.
- In cooperation with program management, ensure the validity of timesheets and monthly compensations. Advise and undertake training when necessary.
- Responsible for processing the monthly payroll of service contractors.
- Responsible for ensuring the HR files and documentation of all MC staff are current and complete.
- Assist in providing Position Descriptions to management for the recruitment of new positions.
- Responsible for managing the recruitment of new staff to the MC office – as per MC procedure.
- Assist management in the day to day upholding of all MC procedures – in particular, National Staff Polices and Recruitment Procedures,
- Responsible for clearing all departing staff as per MC policy.
- Assist management in implementing pay changes, evaluations, and other financial activities that are reflected on payroll or in employee files.
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in administration, HR/finance or relevant experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- HR management is an advantage.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer skills are required (ME Doc, 1C).
The successful Procurement Officer will coordinate procurement tasks to deliver successful programs while demonstrating excellent stewardship of donor funds and compliance with Mercy Corps and donor regulations. They will maintain strong cooperative relationships with other departments and interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial and training capacity while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities.
The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a solid commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal: