Alinea International шукає Results Based Management Expert
Position: Results Based Management Expert
Employment Type: Full-Time, open to Ukrainian nationals
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reports to: PROTECT Project Manager
Alinea International is recruiting an experienced RBM expert to work with the PROTECT project and its reform teams in the Ukrainian defence and security sector.
This position is being staffed in the context of Canada’s Promoting Reform Objectives through Technical Expertise and Capacity Transfer (PROTECT) project. PROTECT is a 2 year, 3M CAN$ security sector reform project funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Kyiv, Ukraine. PROTECT provides short-term expert (Ukrainian and international) deployment and capacity to reforms in the security sector. The project responds to the needs of Ukraine’s defence and security institutions and agencies and focuses on building strong analytical approaches in gender equality; women peace and security (WPS); social inclusion; and results-based management into reform initiatives, while lending expertise in the management of reforms.
Project outcomes are defined as follows:
- Improved governance and democratic accountability of Ukraine’s defence and security sector
- Improved planning, coordination, gender responsiveness and strategic analysis of security sector reforms
- Improved implementation of reforms delivered through the Ukrainian security sector
Working with the Reform Initiatives under the PROTECT project:
- Support the institutions of the defence and security sector of Ukraine in the development of the RBM-based planning, monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Build dynamic training materials regarding RBM approaches and methodologies within the context of policy development, planning and budgeting in the defence and security sector;
- Deliver capacity-building activities and advice on RBM planning, monitoring and evaluation to relevant entities of the defence and security sector of Ukraine;
- Deliver input to strategic documents of the defence and security sector of Ukraine;
- Prepare guidelines, methodological documents, draft procedures and other tools to establish and institutionalize RBM planning, monitoring and evaluation framework in multiple Ministries and state agencies of the defence and security sector of Ukraine;
- Perform other tasks related to building capacity institutions of the defence and security sector of Ukraine to plan and monitor reforms based on RBM principles.
Contribute to PROTECT Project Team with:
- Establishment of the RBM capacity-development for experts and consultants of thematic Reform Initiatives;
- Support the Project Manager (Kyiv based) with developing and executing portfolio, i.e. the project-related Logic Models and Performance Measurement Framework;
- Assist Alinea team based in Canada with the internal project monitoring and evaluation effort in regard to PROTECT portfolio.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Dynamic, independent, and highly-motivated manager;
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation framework in Technical Assistance Projects/ CSOs/ International Organizations or Projects/ Government;
- Experience in development of performance measurement frameworks, tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and delivery of reports;
- In-depth knowledge of RBM-based planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong understanding of the national Government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine;
- Ability to teach people, excellent communication skills, strong ethics, well-balanced and mature positive attitude to the job;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities, knowledge of GBA+ concepts is an advantage.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimal – Bachelor’s qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with monitoring and evaluation as well as Results Based Management systems and processes, preferably in the context of an international development project
- Course development and training expertise, preferably with a government target audience
- Demonstrable organizational and interpersonal skills; capable of working under tight deadlines
- Quick study on digital systems; experienced in the Microsoft suite
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English and Ukrainian
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to [email protected] by 10 February 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line, and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, USD, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com.