Administrative Clerk – Представництво МОМ в Україні
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G3
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (6 months) with the possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision and guidance of the Operations Coordination Assistant the successful candidate will work in Emergency & Stabilization (E&S) Unit at IOM Country Office in Kyiv, Ukraine and will be predominantly responsible and accountable for supporting E&S Unit with proper electronic and paper document flow as well as other administrative aspects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support E&S Unit with proper electronic and paper document flow, including but not limited to initial general document verification, submission for signatures, sending signed documents by e-mail or post and coordination with the persons in charge to ensure timely processing;
- Draft routine correspondence, ensure data entry, collate tables, compose basic reports, presentations, publications, and other documentation;
- Ensure proper filing and registry of incoming and outgoing documents by setting up and maintaining office files and reference systems according to standard procedures;
- Provide informal Ukrainian-English and English-Ukrainian translation when necessary;
- Assist in drafting and submission of financial and procurement-related documents for E&S Unit, e.g., purchase requisition forms, requests for payments etc.;
- Enter, retrieve, structure and update data from various sources (e.g., Intra-/Internet, office files, etc.); consolidate and present results in required basic format;
- Support the organization and administration of meetings, workshops, and other events (e.g., arranging for meeting rooms and other facilities, drafting meeting minutes) if required.
- Assist with arranging for travels: organize transport, logistics, accommodation, and documents;
- Ensure availability of office supplies, keep the office equipment and furniture inventory up-to-date according to IOM regulations, assist in assets management; and
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with three years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields from an accredited institution with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in administration functions is required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Knowledge of humanitarian activities and context as well as prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Awareness of IOM internal procedures, policies and regulations is advantageous.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize electronic and paper document flow in methodical and systematic way;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to understand the Organization’s portfolio, procedures and structure;
- Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional background; and
- Discreet, details and results-oriented, patient and commitment to quickly learn new aspects of work.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (https://iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 27 December 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.