Administration and accounting assistant (M/W) / Асистент/ка з адміністративних та бухгалтерських питань
Under the hierarchical supervision of the Administrative and Financial Manager (RAF), the Administration and Accounting Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
Support for the financial management of workshops and missions:
- Support for the preparation of documents and folders to be given to participants
- Ensures the production and management of attendance sheets for workshops
- In liaison with the events/missions assistant, prepares perdiem payments for events
- In liaison with the events assistant, prepares per diem and fuel advances prior to each field mission, where applicable.
- Receives and forwards incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for obtaining long-stay visas and work permits for experts.
- Support the Accounting and Admin Manager in administration-related tasks
- Archiving referent for the Expertise France office in Ukraine
- Makes payments from the cash register, in accordance with applicable thresholds and follow-up procedures (recording of cash vouchers).
- Maintains daily cash journal (entry of expenses).
- Monitors and controls the cash register on a daily basis (monitoring of advances, cash replenishment requests, etc.).
- In charge of the monthly transmission of the cash journal for control and consolidation by the accounting and administration manager (monthly accounting pack).
- Comply with financial security rules in accordance with EF procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations in conjunction with the Accounting and Administration Manager.
- Ensure daily self-checking of cash journal and physical cash, in line with EF procedures.
- Carry out weekly and monthly cash inventories in conjunction with the accounting and administrative manager, to be validated by the RAF.
- Monitor cash flow, anticipate expenses and make replenishment requests.
- In charge of the mission’s archiving activities
- Ensure the application of archiving procedures (supporting documents and filing of documents, computer and paper)
- Support the preparation of external audits (collect of documents)
Project or context description
About Expertise France:
Expertise France is the French Public Agency of Technical Cooperation.
The agency intervenes on four priority areas:
- Democratic, economic and financial Governance
- Stability of countries in crisis/post-crisis stability and security
- Climate change and urban sustainable development
- Health systems reinforcement, social protection and employment.
With an activity volume of 191 million of euros, more than 500 projects in the portfolio in 100 countries and 63 300 days of expertise delivered per year, Expertise France marks its intervention under the French policy of solidarity, influence and diplomacy.
Ukraine is quickly becoming one of the countries of intervention of Expertise France. The agency operates there national and regional projects and intervenes under a wide range of thematic (health, local governance, justice sector reform, support to innovation and entrepreneurship…)
- Higher education in accounting, administrative and financial management, or equivalent field and/or two to three years’ experience in administrative and financial management;
- Successful experience of at least 2 years in a position as Accountant, Accounting Assistant, Financial Assistant, Administrative Assistant.
- Excellent command of office automation tools, particularly Word and Excel;
- Technical knowledge of filing and archiving rules;
- Fluency in written and spoken Ukrainian and English; French a plus.
- Thoroughness and responsiveness;
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Experience of working in an NGO or cooperation project is desirable;
Location: Kyiv, with occasional travel within the country
Type of contract: 30-month fixed-term Ukrainian employment contract, renewable
Start date: January 1
Remuneration: according to EF salary scale and profile
NB: Candidates interested in this opportunity are invited to submit their CV and cover letter as soon as possible to the e-mail address [email protected] mentioning desired job title
The selection process will take place in three stages:
- Firstly, a shortlist will be drawn up freely by Expertise France.
- Secondly, short-listed candidates may be invited to take written tests to assess their technical and linguistic skills.
- Thirdly, short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview.