Вакансія: Program Manager, American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
Title: Program Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Since 1992, ABA ROLI has worked in Ukraine addressing anti-corruption, anti-human trafficking, bar development, criminal law reform, law enforcement reform, judicial reform, legislative development, election law reform, anti-cybercrime and anti-xenophobia. Collaborating with Ukrainian stakeholders, we worked to draft and analyze legislation, to create a unified bar association and to support the establishment of a legal aid system. We established a network of 40 legal advocacy non-governmental organizations, which provide access to justice for vulnerable populations through pro bono legal clinics and conducted public rights-awareness campaigns.
ABA ROLI is currently preparing a proposal to implement a possible program funded by the US Government aimed at combatting trafficking in persons (C-TIP) in Ukraine. If approved, the program would improve justice sector actors’ understanding of C-TIP context and lawful mechanisms, through victim-sensitive training and resources. ABA ROLI will collaborate with state institutions at the national and regional levels, civil society organizations engaged in this sector, and local communities and vulnerable groups in selected Ukrainian regions.
Principal Duties/Job Responsibilities:
ABA ROLI seeks a program manager for its anticipated TIP program in Ukraine. The program manager will be responsible for the technical and administrative management of the program and all of its sub-activities and crosscutting tasks. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. He/she will report to the ABA ROLI Ukraine Country Director. This is a local recruitment and contract.
- Ensure overall and day-to-day management and implementation of the program according to ABA ROLI requirements, grant obligations and policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall financial management and oversight of the program in coordination with the Ukraine Field Financial Manager and Country Director, including monitoring of relevant budgetary expenditures in line with donor requirements, grant obligations and policies and procedures.
- Provide support, supervision, technical direction and guidance partner organizations and sub-grantees in order to achieve goals set by the programs.
- Establish effective cooperative and coordination mechanisms in relation with the program partners and sub-grantees, international organizations, governmental officials, local non-governmental organizations, beneficiaries, media and other interested parties and ensure they are effectively involved and cooperating with the program.
- Provide leadership for the program staff, partners and other interested parties related to advocacy efforts, communication strategy, public relations efforts, capacity building and other activities envisaged by the program and directed at the protection of rights of internally displaced persons and other vulnerable groups of the society.
- Oversight and accountability for the development and deployment of substantive programming and activities, including, but not limited to, program work plans, managing legal specialists and consultants, and convening, organizing, and participating in programmatic events within the country.
- In coordination with ABA ROLI Ukraine Country Director to maintain proactive communications with ABA ROLI HQ to ensure timely and accurate updates on program activities, achievements, and shortcomings.
- Developing and monitoring budgets in cooperation with Finance and Program staff.
- Develop good insight and understanding of the political and socio-economic developments in Ukraine.
- Ensure reporting in line with the donor’s requirements, grant obligations and ABA ROLI policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Basic Qualifications & Interests (BQIs):
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in jurisprudence from an accredited university and at least five years’ experience in issues related to combatting trafficking in human beings.
- At least two years’ experience supervising a team, which must have included providing performance feedback to direct reports.
- Thorough understanding of international standards and the Ukrainian legislation related to combatting trafficking in human beings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate fluently in English and Ukrainian.
- Previous work experience in an international not-for-profit, association, and/or NGO setting.
- Team player and ability to mentor other staff in developing skills.
- Integrity and adherence to high ethical standards.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Experience working as a lawyer on an anti-trafficking project, preferably in Ukraine.
- Experience working with vulnerable groups in Ukraine, including internal displaced persons (IDPs), Roma community, etc. preferably in the context of providing legal support.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, with an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities envisaged by the program.
- Experience conducting outreach activities.
- Experience working for US government-funded projects.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV with “Ukraine Program Manager” in the email subject line by Friday, October 8 to ee-[email protected].