Вакансія: Program Assistant (Conflict Resolution)
Title: Program Assistant (Conflict Resolution)
Grade Level: 1
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reports To: Program Officer (Conflict Resolution)
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 500 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
ABOUT UNITED VOICES IN ACTION (VIA) PROGRAM:
The goal of the CSO-funded United Voices in Action (VIA) program activity is to advance Ukraine’s stabilization by fostering IDP integration, increasing community cohesion, contributing to local and national integration plans, and reducing IDP vulnerability to exploitation. IREX will support IDP and receiving community members from up to 27 communities in nine oblasts. Based on a conflict sensitive and inclusive development approach, the VIA program will make local community members – both IDPs and non-IDPs – the drivers of change in their communities, leading to increased stabilization and mutual understanding through the development of a shared vision of a future where multiple perspectives are heard, and marginalized voices are elevated.
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Assistant (Conflict Resolution) for its United Voices in Action (VIA) program (www.irex.org). Program Assistant (Conflict Resolution) will work closely with the Program Officer (Conflict Resolution Lead) to support strengthening resiliency and dispute resolution skills in IDPs and host community members as well as build critical information consumption skills to combat malign influence campaigns that may exploit IDPs. The position is based in Kyiv.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Program Officer (Conflict Resolution Lead) with activities that fall under Objective 1.A;
- Support the adaptation of existing curriculums and interactive training techniques and Human Centered Design (HCD) to engage IDPs and receiving communities’ members in constructive dialogue and developing solutions around issues of mutual concern;
- Provide programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistical support to ensure smooth implementation of the program;
- Support effective collaboration with program partners, stakeholders, experts, trainers, program regional coordinators, and key stakeholders;
- Assist in the organization of program events, including trainings, meetings, and workshops;
- Communicate with suppliers and other subcontractors;
- Draft program-related documents, financial payments, reports, and success stories;
- Provide support to monitoring and evaluation activities, data collection, and reporting;
- Assist program staff as needed and provide general support to staff including photocopying, filing, note-taking, and other relevant duties;
- Translate program-related documents (English, Russian, and Ukrainian);
- Travel throughout Ukraine to attend program events and meetings (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine);
- Assist with writing reports and monthly plans;
- Assist in the coordination of training events, including designing materials, managing project deadlines, and ensuring compliance with the budget;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in the NGO sector and on technical assistance projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge of English
- Strong intercultural and communications skills
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Interest in conflict resolution is required
- Ability to travel (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine)
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Program Assistant (Conflict Resolution)” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application deadline: October 04, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.