Спеціаліст/ка з підтримки ветеранів та ветеранок (ПРООН) / Veteran Support Associate (UNDP)
The project Harnessing the potential of vulnerable groups for stabilization and recovery of eastern and southern regions of Ukraine has been designed to provide comprehensive support across three interlinked strategic directions: the re-establishment/enhancement of security service provision, including in areas that were significantly affected by the war and temporarily not under the control of the Government of Ukraine; the creation of inclusive and participatory mechanisms for community-led reintegration of veterans and their family members, enhancing service provision to the veteran community while at the same time unlocking their social and human capital to the benefit of community recovery; and supporting the meaningful engagement of women, and especially young women, in planning, implementation, and monitoring of recovery processes, in supporting the social fabric and resilience of their communities, thus unlocking the gender transformative potential of the recovery and social cohesion processes. The project is generously funded by the Government of Germany through the Stabilization Unit within the German Federal Foreign Office and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France.
The Veteran Support Associate will be responsible for assisting and supporting in the management and oversight of the activities that will support veteran reintegration in project selected communities, with a focus on efficient delivery of the results ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The incumbent will promote UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance for any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
Requirements for candidates:
- 5 years of experience in administration, programme/project support, or other relevant to the assignment fields.
- Experience in veteran reintegration projects, especially in areas of local development, social cohesion, civic engagement would be an advantage.
- Previous experience within UNDP or other UN agencies, governmental, other multilateral or civil society organization is highly desirable.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Secondary education
- Ukrainian, Level: Fluent, Required
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
You will have the opportunity to apply your talent while working for a noble cause. UN Volunteers receive a monthly living allowance (VLA), as well as life insurance and full health insurance.
This position comes with the following benefits and entitlements for UN Volunteers (National UN Volunteer Specialist):
- Monthly Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) (equivalent in UAH): USD 1,587
- Medical and life insurance: Cigna Private Insurance
- Annual leave: 30 days
- Certified sick leave: 30 days annually
- Uncertified sick leave: 7 days annually
- Learning leave: 10 days annually
To apply for a vacancy, please first register on the UN Volunteers platform https://app.unv.org/ and send an application using this link: https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1747836738220288
The final date to apply is February 26 inclusive.