Радник з питань зв’язку: SAFEMed Communications Advisor
Management Systems for Health (MSH) is currently implementing a five year Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians Project (SAFEMed) Activity funded by USAID. The goal of the SAFEMed activity is to strengthen the pharmaceutical system in Ukraine to ensure transparency and cost-efficiency for desired health outcomes.
Communications Advisor will support the project through planning, design, and implementation of all communication activities. Based in Kyiv, Ukraine, SAFEMed Communication Advisor will report directly to the with matrix supervision to Robert Arsenault, OSC’s President. This position has no direct associated supervisory functions but does provide matrix reporting to other personnel.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide high-level communications support to the preparation of project deliverables – technical briefs, technical reports, presentations, and other materials for quarterly stakeholders’ meetings, round table discussions and other project activities in close consultation with project key technical advisors and project COP.
- Provide technical advice and guidance in the conceptualization, design, planning, and execution of project communication strategies.
- Develop, or coordinate with visual design colleagues to create, engaging and content-rich visual assets (e.g., infographics, cards)
- Identify and prepare success stories, short briefs, and other communications materials related to SAFEMed’s work in collaboration with M&E Advisor
- Coordinate the development, editing and dissemination of monthly e-newsletter for SAFEMed project progress.
- Liaise with local press, prepare weekly press summaries, and prepare press briefings and talking points for participants as needed.
- Liaise with network of Ukrainian communication agencies whose services are procured for campaigns, videos, and event management.
- Provide support to promotion, coordination and implementing of large SAFEMed events.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Ministry of Health, Center for Public Health, Central Procurement Agency, and the National Health Service of Ukraine Communication Units to provide ongoing support and evidence-based messages communicating changes in the health care system.
- Maintain electronic files of work material and SAFEMed’s communication products.
- Serve as key liaison with USAID/Ukraine Communication Office to ensure desired level of visibility and obtain any necessary clearance on public and press briefing materials.
- Coordinate with MSH communication Home Office team to ensure visibility of SAFEMed at the organizational level and to align the project’s communications and plans with the organization’s overall strategy, guidance, best practices, and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with updated USAID and project Branding Implementation and Marking Plans.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief of Party or her designee
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent spoken and written English and Ukrainian.
- BA (or equivalent) or a higher degree in communication, public relations, journalism or other relevant discipline.
- Previous experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Experience with graphic design, with special emphasis on data-rich presentations.
- A minimum of five years of experience in communication, journalism, public relations, or other relevant field.
- Experience in technical writing and demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible communication materials.
- Residence and ability to work in Kyiv, Ukraine required; no relocation expenses will be reimbursed.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with the health and pharmaceutical sector in Ukraine, including recent healthcare reform developments, policy formulation and implementation processes, and relevant stakeholders.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health or another line ministry.
- Experience creating graphics, short promotional videos, and other visual materials.
- Network in Ukrainian media and familiarity with the media landscape.
For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email ([email protected]) using the subject line: SAFEMed Communications Advisor.
OSC (www.oscltd.com) is a small business specializing in strategic and behavior change communications with a 25+ year track record implementing USAID programs in 50+ countries, including Ukraine. OSC provides communications technical assistance on health projects to improve health sector governance, enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system, strengthen support for health reform efforts, and improve service delivery systems.
OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.