ПРООН в Україні шукає Communications and Monitoring Associate
Practice Area — Job Family: Democratic Governance
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 26/07/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
At the United Nations Sustainable Summit held in September 2015, 193 UN Member States adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, operationalizing 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 specific targets. The Agenda commits all countries to work together to promote sustainable and inclusive socioeconomic growth and environmental protection for future generations, including women, children, and youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the SDG Oblast Portfolio Manager, the Communications and Monitoring Associate will be responsible for monitoring, reporting, experience dissemination and public relations of the Portfolio framework ensuring high quality and accuracy of work:
- Execution of the programme/project’s communication strategies across multiple channels at national and regional levels;
- Develop and maintain system of monitoring and reporting of activities of the projects under implementation;
- Review press and publications for articles of interest to projects and circulate them to projects` staff;
- Support research, documentation, assessment studies and policy activities related with projects under implementation;
- Serve as a focal person and liaise with communications personnel of other projects and UNDP Country Office; convey projects news for publication at the UNDP website;
- Ensure development and publication of the projects` promotion and information materials such as leaflets, brochures, newsletters, and ensure quality and timely of their production;
- Perform editing of projects reports and promotion materials and assure that projects promotion materials meet UN communications requirements;
- Ensure wide and target distribution of programme/projects reports and information materials produced;
- Assure that programme/projects information is kept updated on SharePoint and UNDP and other web-sites where necessary;
- Prepare programme/projects related correspondence, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc;
- Facilitate programme/projects related training/learning activities;
- Prepare articles, success stories and talking points on various issues relevant to the programme/projects objectives;
- Organize interviews for various Mass Media as part of the programme/projects activities;
- Coordinate the work of production and printing agencies involved in creation of audio/video/animation/print products on the request of the programme/ projects under implementation;
- Organize the press-clubs, press-tours, press-conferences, conferences and other Media related events as part of the programme/projects activities;
- Prepare press-announces and press-releases on the activities of the programme/ projects in both English and Ukrainian (or Russian if needed) languages for distribution to Mass Media;
- Update programme/projects web page on the UNDP website to ensure dissemination of the programme/projects achievements;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the programme/projects and/or UNDP management.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the programme/ project personnel;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Communication Strategies are fully and timely implemented at the national and regional levels;
- Projects results are regularly updated in UNDP website;
- Communications materials are produced and disseminated.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results:
- Communication annual work plans is fully and timely implemented;
- Communication funds delivery reached 100%;
- Communication activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise;
- Quality Assurance;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- High level of creativity and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Conflict Management;
- Client Orientation;
- Result orientation;
- Self-management and emotional intelligence.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Public Relations (PR), Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, Linguistics or other relevant area.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or other relevant sphere;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Extensive contacts within mass media outlets would be an asset;
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international technical assistance or development organizations would be an asset;
- Extensive experience of cooperation with governmental and non-governmental organizations would be considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, English and Russian required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=22235&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 26, 2019