ПРООН шукає Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience, livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015. In response to the situation, in 2016, UNDP has established a Project Office in eastern Ukraine with a view to consolidate and deliver the various recovery and governance projects through a comprehensive, area-based Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP) in five conflict-affected oblasts: Donetsk and Luhansk (Government Controlled Areas), as well as Zaporizhzhya, Dnipropetrovsk and Kharkiv oblasts. RPP frames UNDP’s interventions in Eastern Ukraine to address the recovery needs of conflict affected population and communities. The Programme has three components focusing on: (1) economic recovery and restoration of critical infrastructure; (2) restoration of governance and support to decentralization reform; (3) strengthening community security and social cohesion. UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer to support in developing activities that raise stakeholders’ knowledge and capacity on Local Governance and Decentralization, Community Security and Social Cohesion and contribute to production and dissemination of knowledge in various formats. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, and overall supervision of Technical Specialist, RPP the incumbent will be responsible for knowledge management, communication, capacity development, data collection and reporting. The Knowledge Management Specialist will work closely with the RPP M&E and Innovation Specialist to ensure that M&E requirements are met and all relevant information is updated in a timely manner with required quality checks and according to the highest standards in line with UNDP guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Specialist will essentially work on the 2nd and 3rd Components of the RPP and will be responsible for the following core functions:
- Provide tactical and implementation guidance for the RPP, assuring that the learning and capacity building needs of the programme are met on time and are in line with UNDP standards;
- Based on the work plan, assist in implementing programme activities. Plan, organize and participate in various workshops and training sessions on decentralization, community security and social cohesion topics;
- Coordinate the formulation and implementation of comprehensive RPP knowledge management strategy, including lessons learning and dissemination;
- Document good practices and lessons learned from various evaluations, reports and studies relevant to the RPP;
- Identify the needs for the development and implementation of knowledge products and services;
- Carry out stakeholder mapping and communication landscape mapping;
- Support RPP Component Leads and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Innovation Specialist in capturing, storing and disseminating RPP related knowledge with government counterparts, donors, UN agencies and other stakeholders;
- Working closely with UNDP Communications Unit, identify compelling success stories and case studies that should be shared with key stakeholders and partners;
- Support the deployment and management of new information management tools;
- Facilitate the publication process of Programme’s knowledge products, in cooperation with the RPP team, authors, editors, research organizations and relevant partners, to fulfil knowledge generation targets;
- Ensure the inclusion of gender issues and gender disaggregated data and/or analysis in the programme research agenda and publications;
- Assist the RPP team in developing and maintaining mailing lists and contact databases of partners and other stakeholders;
- Manage the dissemination of diverse publications and news releases through print and video;
- Liaise with UNDP RPP and/or development partners for information sharing;
- Collaborate and facilitate coordination with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on knowledge management issues; keep abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies;
- Coordinate with relevant units and personnel to ensure that the project achievements are communicated to the relevant stakeholders in an effective and timely manner to support strategic positioning of the Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme to existing and potential partners;
- Ensure communications tools and products, including briefing notes, booklets, brochures, infographics are effectively planned and developed to reflect UNDP’s corporate branding and visibility;
- Support to RPP M&E activities by contributing to drafting relevant TORs and implementation of various assessments, studies and surveys;
- Provide quality contribution to the Results-Oriented Annual Report (ROAR), internal reports and other communication products;
- Ensure that monitoring systems are implemented, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across Components to feed into programme performance monitoring;
- Perform other functions as requested by the RPP management.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Comprehensive RPP Knowledge Management Strategy is developed and implemented, lessons learned are properly captured and disseminated;
- RPP knowledge products, publications and services are of high quality and timely produced;
- Success stories and examples of best practices are identified, communicated and disseminated;
- RPP Information Management system is regularly updated with relevant data and knowledge, that is supported by external information sources;
- RPP mailing lists and contact databases are regularly updated and maintained;
- Events (media training, knowledge management working groups) are held at the regional level. Contribution to the production of videos and in-depth reports was made;
- Stakeholder mapping and communication landscape mapping are carried out and used by the programme staff;
- Annual thematic evidence and learning reviews are undertaken;
- Regular needs-based internal capacity building events for staff developed and implemented;
- Reporting to internal stakeholders performed according to the best UNDP standards and accepted practices;
- Contribution to annual Results-Oriented Annual Reporting (ROAR) is provided in quality and timely manner. Inputs demonstrate the achieved results and are based on external and internal evidences;
- Relevant Components data, best practices, lessons learned are regularly collected, updated and are available for development and programming goals;
- Funds delivery for Knowledge Management Activities of the Components reached 100%.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Quality Assurance;
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Management and Leadership;
- Result orientation;
- Self–management and emotional intelligence;
- Capacity Development;
- Demonstrated capacity to collect and analyze data, identify trends, prepare reports, communicate results, and develop visibility products.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work relating to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Ability to manage events, oversee contributions of other actors;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Results-Based Project Development and Management:
- Assesses Components programme performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into programme work;
- Finds linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration;
- Monitors specific stages of programme implementation.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Communications, Media relations, Journalism or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in the field of knowledge management, communications, media, journalism, public relations, international relations, monitoring and/or reporting or related field;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools will be an asset;
- Experience in overseeing document and report production, print and electronic publishing will be a strong asset;
- Experience in the development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative social studies will be a strong asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in branding, communications and experience in media relations, graphic design and video production would be an advantage;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 19 December 2018.