Project Assistant, Data Integrity – Data Analyst – Представництво МОМ в Україні
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to thousands of individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator, Data Integrity, RSC Eurasia, and the direct supervision of the Project Officer, Data Integrity, RSC Eurasia, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking and guiding data integrity activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake data integrity activities in an assigned area related to report management, application management and/or data quality assurance and, as required, guide and assist in monitoring teams of Project Clerks and Project Assistants in Data Integrity in organizing and completing data integrity activities in an assigned area.
- Monitor and assist in guiding Data Integrity team members with the creation and distribution of clear, concise and timely reports for RSC Eurasia using Tableau, Microsoft Power Business Intelligence (Power BI), SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and other reporting tools, and with the design and publishing of reports presented in a clear and informative format.
- Efficiently and effectively maintain complete documentation on reports, RSC applications, and data quality assurance tools, ensuring they are utilized in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist the Project Officer, Data Integrity as they work in partnership with RSC supervisors to gather and document application and quality assurance business and system requirements, and to translate those business and system requirements into the design and development of in-house applications, reports and data quality assurance systems that serve as comprehensive solutions for the USRAP at RSC Eurasia.
- Provide support in the production and development of reporting databases for RSC Eurasia, identifying problems in logic, integrity, and efficiency in the applications, quality assurance systems, and reports.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and data analysis upon request and conduct regular quality assurance checks of data in START to verify the accuracy of information and the RSC’s compliance with all USRAP and RSC SOPs in relation to reporting, application management and data quality assurance.
- Research and respond to reporting requests from RSC Eurasia colleagues, resolving questions and issues related to RSC applications, data quality assurance and reporting systems.
- In coordination with supervisors, liaise as needed with other teams and units in RSC Eurasia and other RSCs. Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished within the team to supervisors and team members.
- Train other Data Integrity team members as needed to efficiently and effectively manage reporting, application management, and data quality assurance.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in data integrity-related activities, for meetings and for training.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and START, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with five years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution with three years of professional work experience.
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent computer skills, including in Word, Excel and Internet; IT skills are a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Tableau, Microsoft Power Business Intelligence (Power BI), Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and SQL Reports Server and experience in using SSMS and BIDS
- Excellent data analysis, visualization and presentation skills
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required. Working knowledge of Pashto, Dari or Romanian is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 31 December 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.