Програмний менеджер/-ка (Program Manager)
Introduction and Context
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian not-for-profit organization. R2P is dedicated to protecting refugees who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances. R2P ensures the protection and human rights of other vulnerable migrants – the conflict affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the stateless, the undocumented and those at risk of statelessness. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy, capacity building, community-building as well as humanitarian aid.
R2P takes part in the projects on disaster risk reduction in Ukraine implemented by a Consortium led by ACTED with participation of IMPACT Initiatives.
This program will seek to improve understanding, preparedness, and resilience to disaster risk in conflict-affected territory of Ukraine. DRR Program Manager will be directly supervised by the Program Director with a close interaction with other Program and Project Managers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in planning and implementation of R2P’s activities focused on disaster risk reduction (both desk and field components) in conjunction with R2P’s staff, and consortium leadership and partners;
- Manage the experts, including coordination, planning, mentoring the operations, and reporting;
- Oversight in establishing and maintaining contacts with the relevant branches and agencies of the Ukrainian government, regional, raion and local authorities, NGOs and other parties as may be required for increasing effectiveness of the project;
- Preparation and coordination of various project reports, including narrative, statistical, analytical and financial information related to the research activities;
- Assure the timely, accurate, and full submission of reporting to the donor in coordination with Consortium leadership;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of the Consortium, as well as R2P.
Professional qualification and requirements:
- University level of education;
- At least 2 years of project management experience;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Russian, and Ukrainian, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, ability to deal with diverse groups of people;
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Previous experience with disaster risk reduction/preparedness is an advantage, as well as with humanitarian activities.
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract in line with Ukrainian legislation till December 31, 2022, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team.
Send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with the title ‘DRR Program Manager’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
10 July 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.