Program Officer for USAID DOBRE Program/Програмний спеціаліст в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Program Officers (2 posts) for USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) Program. Posts will be located in Dnipro and cover assigned consolidated communities in Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk and Kherson oblasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Officer will implement direct activities of DOBRE in our partner consolidated communities. This includes working with local government officials, Councils, local NGOs/CBOs and others.
Program Officer needs some knowledge of strategic planning, local economic development, local government service delivery, administrative services, budgeting and/or financial management, citizen participation and/or citizen outreach.
The Program Officer will work closely with Kyiv-based team members who will provide overall design of activities, guidance, and prepare them to implement activities in the partner communities.
- Deliver technical assistance, training and other program implementation to local governments, CBOs/NGOs and communities as assigned in the program workplan;
- Ensure workplan activities remain on schedule;
- Coordinate with other consortium members and provide assistance as needed to facilitate their activities;
- Work closely with RCSOs/LCSOs and other DOBRE partners to coordinate logistics for events and projects carried out in their CCs;
- Maintain effective working relationships with local government and CBO/NGO counterparts;
- Help maintain effective, accountable and transparent grants management;
- Collect and provide requested data and information for the monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Assist the Kyiv-based staff to establish and maintain relevant partnerships for program development and implementation;
- Represent the program at various meetings, conferences and other events in the region;
- Contribute to the program activity reports prepared by the Regional Manager;
- Contribute to the preparation of the program’s quarterly/annual reports, work plans, and budgets;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager and/or DCOP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Understanding of strategic planning, local economic development, service delivery, local government operations, citizen participation and/or NGO strengthening;
- Good organizational and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to conduct effective capacity building and technical assistance;
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with local government officials
- civic leaders, business people and citizens in a community;
- Ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Proficiency in English preferred;
- Ukrainian and/or Russian communication skills required;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite (especially Excel, Access and similar database software).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, economic development, business administration, planning or related field;
- At least 4 years of experience in a related field;
- Demonstrated understanding of local governance and/or civil society;
- Previous experience on donor-funded activities preferred;
- Relevant experience in capacity building/training.
Proficiency in English preferred. Ukrainian and/or Russian communication skills required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Candidates are asked to submit their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] by COB December 8, 2022 indicating position title in the subject line.