Program Interns for NDI (Стажування в НДІ)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill part-time intern positions for its Women’s Political Participation Program (based in Kyiv and Ternopil offices) and Public Consultation Program (based in Kyiv office).
Job Titles: Women’s Political Participation Program Intern, Public Consultation Program Intern
- Generally pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent university graduate; relevant degree might include, but are not limited to: Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or Linguistics with a focus on gender studies;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Strong translation skills from Ukrainian to English and vise versa;
- Keen interest in Ukraine’s reforms and political processes, understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and great teamwork skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Strong writing skills with an ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet);
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and equality issues.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide written translation of program materials as needed;
- Provide logistical support for meetings, trainings, workshops and other events as required;
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate forwarding of messages;
- Assist in reconciliation of expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies;
- Observe program supported activities in different cities in Ukraine;
- Assist in preparation and drafting of activity reports and briefing notes;
- Carry out other assigned tasks.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position (Women’s Political Participation Program Intern based in Kyiv/Ternopil or Public Consultation Program Intern based in Kyiv) you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
This is a paid internship. Details and the schedule will be discussed with the successful candidates. NDI will provide consultations and trainings for interns. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, trainings and other staff development events at NDI.
Duration of the internship: 6 months with a possibility of extension
Probation period: 2 months
Expected start date: February 25
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on February 15. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on February 21-22.
Successful finalists will be invited for an interview in the week of February 25.