Проект USAID “ВзаємоДія” шукає керівника департаменту комунікацій
Communication and Outreach Leader (Objective 2 and 3)
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking a full-time Communication and Outreach Leader (Objective 2 and 3) to lead and coordinate the implementation of SACCI program’s second and third objectives (Objective 2: Support/engagement in anti-corruption efforts increased; and Objective 3: Public tolerance of corrupt practices reduced). S/he will be responsible for ensuring that activities under Objective 2 and Objective 3 are implemented effectively and reach established targets on timely basis. The Communication and Outreach Leader (Objective 2 and 3) will also be responsible for developing high-quality programing and reporting documents, as well as analytical reports and any other deliverable related to the given objectives. S/he will closely coordinate with other project objectives and contributes to overall project success.
The Communication and Outreach Leader (Objective 2 and 3) will report directly to both the Chief of Party (COP) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Manage, coordinate and provide technical leadership of the Objective 2 and 3 technical teams including SACCI staff and local partners to ensure that all activities and deliverables are of high quality and on schedule.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant counterparts, beneficiaries and stakeholders and seek to engage them in the SACCI activities.
- Lead the SACCI effort in collaboration with other stakeholders in supporting the Government of Ukraine in developing and implementing anticorruption communication strategy and plan.
- Organize and lead technical support to selected and approved by USAID “champion” governmental institutions on the national and regional/municipal levels to build their communication capacity and skills and support the implementation of the affective communication strategies.
- Oversee and provide technical leadership for the project interventions engaging public (including youth and vulnerable population), the mass media and CSOs in anticorruption activities such as public oversight, participation in decision making process, and corruption reporting among others.
- Provide technical leadership in mobilizing counterparts around public awareness and education campaigns to build public intolerance to corruption.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality project documents, deliverables and reports and timely and complete submission including the project annual work plan, periodic reports (weekly, quarterly, and annual) as well as special reports and deliverables such as project fact sheets and success stories, special reports in the event of extraordinary, time-sensitive events, regularly updating the program one-pager, and any other reports or deliverables required by the SACCI contract or upon request of the COP.
- Contribute to conducting of the up-to-date on state-of-the-art research, developing best practices, and drafting annually a two-page summary of studies on anti-corruption reform relevant to SACCI.
- Lead the development and implementation of the SACCI communication strategy including with the use of the social media and the project website to increase outreach to stakeholders and access to program resources.
- Collaborate with the SACCI M&E/Gender Manager in monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets.
- Contribute to the regular political economy assessments (PEA) to advice SACCI programming approach and support annual strategy reviews.
- Participate in the SACCI Solutions Hub as a collaborative space for counterparts, experts and beneficiaries to analyze evidence and design and test innovative and actionable ideas, support rollout and monitor implementation to enable SACCI to adjust activities quickly.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Provide technical support to short-term consultants missions in Ukraine.
- Report to the DCOP and COP on major technical, managerial and financial issues related to the project and consult on making decisions related to program activities, contractors, local staff, USAID, other donor organizations, etc.
- Master’s or higher degree, preferably in public administration, business administration, political signs, or other relevant areas.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to corruption prevention and government accountability and transparency. Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption policies and initiatives as well as leading anti-corruption agencies.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with governmental institutions on the ministerial, oblast and municipal levels.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization project is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter.
- Ability and wiliness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – March 02, 2018 *
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com.