Пакт шукає спеціаліста(ку) з закупівель/Pact seeks a Procurement Officer
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future.
Pact seeks a Procurement Officer for two GAC-funded projects: Women of Ukraine: Heard, Capable, Resilient (WOU) – 10% LoE and Women Included: Nurturing Growth and Security (WINGS) – 90% LoE.
WoU project is aimed at greater realization of human rights and access to high quality services among women and girls in Ukraine and the advancement of gender equality across the country. WINGS project provides employability and entrepreneurship skills-building services to its beneficiaries aimed at strengthening economic security.
As current Procurement Officer will be resigning starting from January 1, 2023, Pact seeks competent specialist to fill the position. Procurement Officer is responsible for supporting WoU and WINGS procurement for project activities implementation, including events logistics.
The main responsibility of Procurement Officer is to oversee and conduct the procurement of goods and services for WoU and WINGS projects in compliance with Pact’s and donor’s policies and regulations.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below.
- Facilitate the full cycle of procurement activities in compliance with GAC’s and Pact’s rules, regulations and policies
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project’s equipment, supplies, events and services
- Organize the procurement processes, including preparation and fulfillment of requests for quotations/proposals, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation and conclusion of contracts at the best project’s interest and ensuring the cost effectiveness of the project’s procurement
- Maintain long term contracts, including collecting supporting documents for monthly payments and submitting them to finance department, in timely manner
- Support projects’ events with logistics, including on-site, if needed
- Monitor and track procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Review and file supporting documentation for procurement and submit it to project’s finance team for payments
- Supervise IT company services and track IT issues
- Track projects’ inventory and provide information to finance manager as requested
- Participate at Pact’s CoPs and meetings involving procurement and contracts and inform colleagues about changes in policies, regulations and forms
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fluent oral and written English, Ukrainian
- University Degree in Finance or Management and minimum 3 years’ experience on similar position
- Must be familiar with the office practices, particularly in the office management field.
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain established procedures. Ability to be flexible, resourceful and service-oriented in dealing with people
- Experience working within complex networks and addressing issues of internal governance and management, dispute resolution, and fair and transparent decision-making.
- Experience in working with international field offices preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly effective administration skills including computing, word processing and internet use
- Pro-active, intuitive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than December 17, 2023.