Офіцер/ка із цифрових комунікацій (OHCHR)
Місія ООН по правам людини шукає офіцера/ку із цифрових комунікацій.
Кінцеви термін надсилання резюме: 13 липня 2022.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Communications Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Mission or Deputy Head of Mission, the Digital Communication Officer supports the development and implementation of the HRMMU communication strategy by producing a wide range of digital content, including graphic design work and video editing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports design and implementation of the communication strategy of the UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine (HRMMU) by developing digital content and broader digital campaigns for various platforms;
- Designs and/or edits digital communications materials including images and videos for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram) and the HRMMU website as well as infographics and other visual content for HRMMU reports;
- Designs and/or edits communications and reporting materials, including leaflets, HRMMU reports, briefing papers, etc;
- In close cooperation with other units, leads the maintenance and uploading the information on the HRMMU website to ensure that the content there is updated, well-structured and visually appealing;
- Coordinates reports and analytics for all digital outputs, monitors and analyzes current digital trends, and advises on appropriate social media campaigns and digital products.
- Contributes to organizing public online and offline events, including the launch of the OHCHR public reports in Ukraine, Human Rights Day, and other relevant dates by facilitating the live streams and providing other digital services;
- Maintains and updates stock of digital communications materials of the Mission
- Provides guidance to the field teams and external contractors on producing of photo and video materials;
- Works collectively with other UN communication officers within the UN Communication and Advocacy Group (UNCAG); elaborating and participating in joint digital communications campaigns, ensuring human rights angle and approach;
- Performs other communication-related functions and special duties as required.
Competencies and Selection Criteria
- Innovation:-Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 4: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
- Leadership:-Ability to persuade others to follow Level 4: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
- People Management:-Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 4: Models independent thinking and action
- Communication:-Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform-Level 4: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Delivery:-Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 4: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
- Advocacy:-Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
- Building Strategic Partnerships:-Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
- Client Orientation:-Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
- Job knowledge:-Level 4: apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
- Professionalism Knowledge of the full range of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies essential to planning and executing effective campaign strategies and programmes, e.g. campaign management, marketing and promotion, audience outreach, message targeting, especially in Ukraine. Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to identify public affairs issues, opportunities and risks in an international environment. Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships. Knowledge of relevant internal policies and business activities/issues. Knowledge of tools and infrastructure used to support communication and public information initiatives, including traditional and social media equipment and systems, e.g. content management systems, mainstream social media platforms, multimedia editing/production equipment, etc. Knowledge of graphic design and video editing, including ability to use specialized software. Ability to produce a variety of written communications products in a clear, concise style. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Planning & Organizing Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in communications, journalism, media relations, public information or a related field is required. A combination of relevant academic background (at least a first level university degree i.e. bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and 2 years of extensive relevant professional experience in a related area may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Up to 2 years of professional experience, including experience in digital communication and public relations. Proven skills and experience in graphic design and video editing are required (creative portfolios would be additionally requested).
- Excellent computer skills, including experience of using Adobe Creative Cloud are required. Experience in using website Content Management Systems is desirable.
- Experience working with the United Nations or a comparable international organization in Ukraine is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.