Міжнародний експерт з середньострокової оцінки проекту
ISSUED BY: OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine
VACANCY NUMBER: VNUKRC00543
VACANCY TYPE: Experts/Consultants
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Economic and Environmental Affairs
DUTY STATION: Kyiv
DATE OF ISSUE: 28 January 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 17 February 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Moldovan-Ukrainian project “Enabling transboundary cooperation and integrated water resources management in the Dniester River Basin” is based on results and recommendations of a series of projects on the Dniester river basin implemented in the frame of the Environment and Security Initiative (ENVSEC) with guidance from the UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and UN Development Programme (UNDP).
The project is tasked with development of the transboundary diagnostic analysis (TDA) compliant to the art. 5 of the EU Water Framework Directive (WFD). The main activity foreseen under this component is to prepare report on main anthropogenic pressures and assessment of impacts on surface waters from the different sources.
Please note that this is a consultancy assignment of approximately 25 working days. The consultant will be required to work from home with the ability to travel if necessary.
The expert is expected to perform the following tasks:
- To conduct a desk review of the project documents provided by the project team and the implementing agency (UNDP) (2 days);
- To participate in an Mid-Term Review (MTR) inception meeting with the Project Steering Committee and the implementing agency to clarify the objectives, methods, deliverables, timeline and a draft table of content of the MTR (2 days);
- To conduct interviews with main stakeholders and site visits (will be clarified during the inception meeting (5 days);
- To assess the four categories of project progress (Project Strategy/ Project Design, Progress Towards Results, Project Implementation and Adaptive Management, Sustainability) and produce a draft and final MTR report based on the Guidance For Conducting MTRs of UNDP-Supported, Global Environment Facility (GEF)-Financed Projects (8 days);
- To develop a report with recommendations to the project team. There should be not more than 15 recommendations; they should be specific, measurable, achievable, and relevant. A recommendation table should be put in the report’s executive summary (8 days).
- Master of Science degree and relevant demonstrated regional/international consulting experience in transboundary water ecosystems;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience. Previous experience in the region would be an advantage;
- Substantive experience in reviewing and evaluating similar technical assistance projects, preferably those involving UNDP/GEF or other United Nations development agencies and/or other major donors;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; knowledge of Russian would be an asset;
- Understanding of governance, political, economic and institutional issues associated with the region;
- Familiarity with GEF International Waters strategies and its portfolio.
According to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for internationals only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00543. The deadline for applications is 17 February 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy or you may use the OSCE’s off-line Application Form available at https://jobs.osce.org/uk/resources/document/anketa-na-vakansiyu; you should complete the Application Form and send it via e-mail to [email protected] indicating the title of the position on the Application Form and in the cover message subject. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Джерело: OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine.