IFES шукає Media and Training Expert
IFES Ukraine is seeking an experienced media and training expert to design and implement the training program for students and professors of journalism departments at universities, as well as journalists, if requested, on investigating and covering political finance, abuse of state resources, and political corruption issues.
Since 1994, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) has played a key role in the emergence and modernization of democratic electoral processes and institutions in Ukraine. During this period, IFES has developed a reputation as a reliable source for impartial analysis and high-quality technical assistance in the fields of electoral and political finance reform, social inclusion and gender equality, election administration, civil society capacity building, civic education, and public opinion research.
Key directions of IFES programming in Ukraine include: defending Ukraine from cybersecurity vulnerabilities and threats in and around the electoral process; training electoral management bodies based on international standards and good practice; supporting civil society, academia and strengthening civic engagement; fostering dialogue on electoral and political finance reform; enhancing inclusion in the electoral process for underrepresented populations; strengthening key electoral and politically-exposed institutions.
Title: Media and Training Expert
Period of Performance: January 20, 2022 – January 19, 2023
Level of effort: 30 days
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the concept of the training program on money in politics and political corruption for students and professors of journalism departments at universities, as well as journalists, if requested;
- Develop agenda, pre-, and post-tests of the trainings for students and professors, as well as journalists, if requested;
- Disseminate information about the trainings and assist in the selection of participants;
- Co-conduct a series of regional trainings for students and professors, as well as journalists, if requested;
- Provide consultations and expertise in developing methodological guidelines for university professors;
- Provide consultations and expertise in designing follow-up practical tasks/internships for training participants;
- Participate in other trainings/meetings/workshops with students and professors, as well as journalists, if requested by IFES.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the field of media and communications
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a media trainer on investigative journalism/reporting
- Wide network of contacts among investigative journalists, media outlets, and journalism departments at universities in different regions of Ukraine
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Good knowledge of the issues related to electoral process, political finance, and political corruption
- Strong project management skills
Education and qualifications:
All interested candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and examples of products confirming professional experience in the indicated areas (programs of trainings for journalists, publications, video clips etc.). with “Media and Training Expert” in subject line to Kateryna Polishchuk ([email protected]) copying Valeriia Zhyman ([email protected]) no later than by January 12, 2022.