Фахівець з питань громадського здоров’я/ Public Health Associate
Deloitte is seeking resumes for qualified candidates to serve as Public Health Associate in support of the USAID Health Reform Support project. The position is full-time and will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support project is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Public Health Associate will work under the general direction of the Public Health and Data Analytics Advisor. She/he will support the implementation of the HRS activities addressing public health reform needs through organizational development, PH workforce strengthening, improving transparency and evidence-based data-driven decision-making, developing innovative public health financing models. She/he will closely collaborate with the MOH PH Directorate, the National Public Health Center, its regional branches, the Regional Public Health centers to strengthen their functionality and ensure the public health service delivery system streamline in Ukraine.
The Public Health Associate, based in Kiev, Ukraine, will be a part of HRS team that advise and support activities under public health stream and public health reform implementation. Under the supervision of the Public Health and Data Analytics Advisor, the candidate will conduct literature reviews on the best international practice, analyze and evaluate existing processes and data sources to derive actionable recommendations to improve operational efficacy in the public health institutions and system overall. She/he will create reports and presentations for both lay and professional public health audiences that disseminate finding and promote recommendations to improve efficacy. She/he will also contribute to the design of the USAID Health Reform Support activities under the public health reform stream. The Public Health Associate will report to the project Public Health and Data Analytics Advisor, Chief of Party, and the Deloitte home office Program Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the Public Health and Data Analytics Adviser and HRS Project team in implementing HRS’s activities under the public health stream.
- Provide scientific, information management, management consulting, analytical, and administrative program support in area of public health topic to the HRS team and key PH counterparts.
- Prepare concept notes, methodological notes and reports and other substantial documents on relevant to Project SOW activities for internal and stakeholders use.
- Prepare technical guidance notes and briefing papers to support policy and programming that responds to effective streamlining public health services provision, implementing public health reform and introducing a new financing mechanism.
- Analyze existing or proposed systems, services, or other health-related matters to identify needs for system improvement as well as methods and resources to accomplish.
- Develop the information and educational materials on public health and deliver PH training and technical assistance to project counterparts to ensure human and institutional capacity development.
- Support innovative educational activities aimed at strengthening public health workforce at national, regional and local levels.
- Support in planning and implementation of project activities and data collection, illustrating project activities progress and impact.
- Develop close working relationships with Ministry of Health, National Public Health Center, Regional Public Health Centers, educational institutions and other key PH stakeholders
- Perform other emerged tasks in developing public health system in Ukraine.
- Perform other functions as directed by the supervisor and/or Chief of Party.
- Qualification requirements (minimum):
- University education in Public Health, Health Science, Global/International Health, Medicine, Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Care Management or other relevant discipline, Master’s degree will be preferred;
- At least 1 years of proven work experience in the area of public health program or community health interventions/ policy implementation;
- Experience working with the Ukrainian Government institutions will be preferred;
- Clear understanding of the concept of public health, health promotion, community and environmental health and public health policies and approaches.
- Any health reform support experience and general understanding of Ukraine’s health system and reform concepts, including public health system reform, will be preferred;
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders, including government representatives, civil society activists, think tanks and NGOs for health workforce strengthening and/or medical education reform purposes will be preferred;
- Budgeting and/or financial costing skills will be preferred;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, teamwork and motivational, organizational and time management skills, and ability to manage tasks with precise deadliness, including prioritization of the workload and timely response to multiple requests for planned and unplanned support.
- Proficient computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Statistical programs, Analytics and Data visualization tools;
- Ability to work effectively in a team with other public health professionals;
- Ability to work in politically-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to travel outside Kyiv city area (no more than 5% of the time);
- Excellent interpersonal communicational and organizational skills;
- Good command of written and oral English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Expected position duration and workload:
The expected period of performance for these positions will be from May 6, 2019 to September 30, 2019. It is a full-time position and the anticipated level of effort for these positions will be 40 hours per week.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and list of two professional references [email protected] no later than April 11, 2019. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Public Health Associate“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.