Директор Американського дому в м. Одеса (America House Odesa Director)
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers America House, a dynamic public space that advances U.S. foreign policy goals by promoting a resilient, prosperous, and democratic Ukraine. America House fosters debate, sparks creativity, and provides youth with opportunities for personal and professional development. America House is an information hub that facilitates access to reliable news and information and empowers Ukrainians to tell their own stories. Our peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions, workshops, and masterclasses equip Ukrainians and Americans to confront shared challenges and advance shared values together. For more detailed information about America House, please visit www.americahousekyiv.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX’s America House Odesa Director will be part of IREX’s America House team and will be responsible for the launch and day-to-day management of America House Odesa, a fully-fledged regional satellite of America House Kyiv. The position is based in Odesa and will require extensive training in Kyiv and occasional travel within Ukraine.
Description of Responsibilities:
- In close consultation with IREX Kyiv office and the U.S. Embassy, manage all the stages of America House Odesa launch, including finding, renting, renovating, and furnishing America House space according to American Spaces and IREX standards;
- Provide day-to-day oversight and leadership for America House Odesa team to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved;
- Manage America House Odesa budget and ensure budget discipline;
- Develop program material, including research and design of strategic events, and ensure proposed activities align with USG priorities;
- Oversee, monitor and administer day to day management of the program activities;
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities;
- Design programmatic reports and success stories, as well as prepare documents and instructions related to program activities;
- Strengthen local contacts and strategic partnerships for America House Odesa, including civil society and media groups, opinion leaders, government officials, members of the international community, and other program stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in international development, public administration, management, political science, communications, marketing and/or another relevant field is preferred;
- Over 5 years of experience of work in NGO sector and in similar projects;
- Demonstrated success in maintaining excellent collaborations with partner organizations, and ability to establish productive relationships with government officials, opinion leaders and media at a local level;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dialogue and work constructively with a diverse range of actors and to accommodate divergent interests and agendas in a multi-cultural environment, including helping vulnerable populations;
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar programs;
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to make public presentations;
- Experience with grants management is a plus;
- USG Alumni status is a plus;
- Familiarity with political, economic, social, and conflict issues in Ukraine;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Ability to stay in Kyiv for an extensive training period;
- Ability to travel;
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “America House Odesa Director” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: June 15th, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.