Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that’s objective is to assist Ukraine in reducing corruption and increasing accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with a wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during a time of Russia’s aggression and Ukrainian reconstruction efforts. SACCI supports the Ministry for Communities, Territories, and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine (hereafter, referred to as ‘the Ministry’) in creating an effective system for preventing corruption in reconstruction processes to ensure transparency and accountability.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Data Analyst will support the Ministry. The Data Analyst will be responsible for data evaluation and database concept preparation for developing the GIS software for transparent and accountable recovery and reconstruction efforts in Ukraine under the technical concept of GIS for regional restoration and development. This is a short-term position with an expected level of effort of up to 80 working days.
- Evaluate the existing datasets, their volumes, and data structure.
- Research and define business processes of data flow.
- Research and identify a list of resources for integrations.
- Propose a stack of data in GIS software.
- Prepare the GIS terms of requirements.
- Communicate with interested parties that request analytical assistance regarding anti-corruption accountability and effective institution-building.
- Supervise the GIS for regional reconstruction and development software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or a related field is required.
- Minimum three years of experience as Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related position is required.
- Experience with AWS (Athena, Redshift) is preferred.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and ETL pipelines is required.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and hands-on experience with Tableau is preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics and probability theory is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands is preferred.
- Fluency in written and oral Ukrainian is required. Fluency in English is preferred.
*Deadline for applying for this position – June 15, 2023, 18:00 Kyiv time*
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.