Communications Consultant on Regional Digital Transformation | ПРООН
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP in the framework of its DIA Support project will help the government partners – primarily the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine – to promote digital transformation in the regions and contribute to building a solid institutional structure of CDTOs in the country. Hence, it seeks the services of a Regional Digital Transformation Communications Consultant (hereinafter referred to as Communications Consultant) who is expected to support MDT with communication on all activities in the area of regional digital transformation.
The Communications Consultant will concentrate his/her efforts on developing the thematic communications strategy and action plan on regional digital transformation that will support the regional digital transformation plans of the MDT for 2022. He/She will start-up for MDT and the Office of the respective Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation the routines of creation, coordination and implementation of content plans, media plans, relations with media and other communications channels based on tasks and principles of the communications strategy.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment/deliverables
Hence, it is expected that the Communications Consultant will deliver the following services (non-exhaustive list):
- Develop communications and PR strategy for regional digital transformation;
- Create an action plan for the strategy’s operationalisation and a content plan of the tangible instruments (deliverables) that will help achieve the strategic vision;
- Design communications products and information materials in a framework of the agreed and approved strategy, action plan, and content plan;
- Conduct media outreach and offline events as foreseen in a framework of the agreed and approved strategy, action plan, and content plan;
- Design improved versions of communications products and information materials;
- Collect and draft success stories to be published on social media, websites, and other relevant platforms.
Required Skills and Experience
Required experience and qualifications:
- At least university degree (Bachelor’s) in journalism, communications, PR, marketing, philology, political science, law, public administration, social science or other related fields;
- At least four years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Proven experience in creating communication and/or PR strategies;
- Experience in government relations and crisis communications will be considered as a strong asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English (at least upper-intermediate level).
Excellent writing and proficient communications skills to be demonstrated through the provision of at least 5 information materials: press releases, social media posts, articles, blogs, etc. written by the applicant and at least 1 example of a successful communication strategy developed and implemented by the applicant.
Documents to be included when submitting the proposal:
- Personal CV, including information about experience in similar projects / assignments, as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references;
- Financial proposal in line with information presented in Section 4. Measurable outputs of the work assignment/deliverables;
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (template may be found at https://cutt.ly/Bzs6D4A);
- Examples of at least 5 information materials: press releases, social media posts, articles, blogs, etc. written by the applicant;
- Examples of at least 1 successful communication/PR strategy developed and implemented by the applicant.
The application deadline is 24 March 2022.
For more information on responsibilities, requirements, and an application process, please visit.