Асистент/ка з Контролю Партнера Постачальника / Implementing Partner Controlling (IPC) Assistant – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Implementing Partner Controlling (IPC) Assistant
Duty Station: Dnipro, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Nine months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 03 October 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Implementing Partner Controlling (IPC) Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the conduction of expenditures verification provided by the Implementing Partners (IPs).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the review of implementing partner proposals, work plans and budgets to verify they are in line with intended scope and targets and cost efficient.
- Assist in the development of logical frameworks, work plans, and deliverable schedules for each implementing partner.
- Support the development and implementation of grant monitoring and evaluation plans and tools, based on agreed logical frameworks and work plans.
- Support implementing partners to report as per grant requirements and use preferred reporting templates to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency and completeness, and compliance with donor’s standards.
- Review implementing partners’ reports and assessing for quality, compliance with set templates, and accuracy of reported information.
- Conduct activity level monitoring and verification, quantitative and qualitative data collection as per specific grant activity deliverables; conduct focus groups discussion, pre and post activity surveys, etc. to discern activity outcomes.
- Assist in discerning lessons learned and documenting obstacles/challenges and resulting mitigating measures.
- Support the preparation of regular grant progress, monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Assist the RMO/Grants Compliance Officer in updating and monitoring the grants tracking matrix.
- Monitor deliverable schedules of implementing partners, and IOM payment schedules to implementing partners. Following-up to facilitate compliance with set deadlines.
- Undertake duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent or higher) in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school degree/certificate with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as a chartered accountant or certified public accountant is an asset but is not required.
- Experience in a similar function progressively.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment, including extensive use of Microsoft Excel and comfort with learning new software and project reporting tools.
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment, including extensive use of Microsoft
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, use of database applications and statistical analysis tools, and comfort with learning new software and project reporting tools.
- Knowledge / certification of IPSAS an advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, PRISM-FI software and procedures a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to [email protected] by 03 October 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19.09.2023 to 03.10.2023