Асистент/-ка Проєкту – Project Assistant (Partnerships) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant (Partnerships)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, UG (1300 USD per month)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 09 June 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Housing), and withthe direct supervision of the Programme Support Officer (Shelter and Housing), the incumbent will provide support in contracting and managing implementing partners (IP) for Shelter and Housing Unit activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist Shelter and Housing Unit in the identification, selection and contracting of implementing partners (IPs), in coordination with the Resource Management, Legal and other relevant Units.
- Prepare due diligence assessments and supporting documents in the selection and contracting of partners.
- Ensure IOM’s regulations on implementing partners are adhered to in a correct and consistent manner.
- Act as the focal point for IP contract extensions, revisions and amendments as needed; ensure IP selection and contracting documents are effectively archived.
- Support the Programme Support Officer and Programme Manager in developing and enacting a partnerships strategy and related documents.
- Assist with review of narrative reports from implementing partners and coordinate feedback to partners.
- Support in the collation of payment documents, requests for payment, and other supporting documentation; coordinate with Finance Unit to ensure partners are paid in a timely manner.
- Support development and maintenance of a system for implementing partner performance monitoring and tracking, with inputs from the Monitoring and Evaluation, Resource Management and other Units as needed.
- Support management of partnerships that Shelter and Housing Unit may enter into, including developing capacity building plans and localization strategy as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least four years of relevant work experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution (preferably in International Relations, Political Science, Accounting or related field) with at least two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in conducting due diligence assessments and contracting is advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience and familiarity with implementing partner selection.
- Experience using applications such as Excel, word, powerpoint is required.
- Knowledge of data protection guidelines and principles.
- Previous experience working with a humanitarian organization or the UN system is preferred.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Capable of working under stressful conditions.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form
to [email protected] by 09 June 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.06.2023 to 09.06.2023