Асистент\-ка проєкту Project Assistant (Livelihood) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant (Livelihood)
Duty Station: Dnipro, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 2 April 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Senior Programme Coordinator (Operations), and direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (Livelihood), in collaboration with relevant units including the Cash-Based Initiatives and Shelter/Housing, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the implementation of operational activities, including planning, monitoring and implementation of the livelihood and sustenance activities in relevant areas of operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Retrieve, compile, summarize, analyse, and present information/data on the livelihood, food security and sustenance activities.
- Support with budget monitoring, verify availability of funds; obtain necessary approval and update budget related information.
- Act as focal point for administrative coordination of project implementation in the areas of implementation, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, etc.
- Draft status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, bring them to the attention of the supervisor and suggest remedial actions.
- Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, presentation and other forms of documentation.
- Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records; organize meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Participate in meetings and conferences; assist in coordinating implementation activities with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project.
- Assist in monitoring work of implementing partners and report non-compliances to the supervisor.
- Provides guidance/training to new/junior staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent with at least five years of relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of response related subjects, food security, livelihood and sustenance.
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Experience in programme implementation.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form to [email protected] by 2 April 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.03.2023 to 02.04.2023