Тендер на консалтингові послуги “Розробка електронного інструментарію НУШ та його підтримка”
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONSULTANCY “NUS e-Toolkit Development & Maintenance
Learning Together is a four-year collaborative project that started between Ukraine and Finland in July 2018, and was joined by the EU in late 2018. The work is scheduled to last until July 2022. The Project is implemented by FCG International.
The project focuses on supporting the New Ukrainian School (NUS) reform, especially in the primary education, and is designed around three main clusters and cross-cutting elements. These clusters are (1) teacher preparation, (2) education promotion, and (3) education environment.
Learning together is now seeking to contract a qualified and experienced media company or other suitable organization to undertake work associated with the design and implementation of a mass media campaign called Friendly School. The purpose of this Terms of Reference (TOR) is to call for competitive proposals for this task. This assignment focuses on education promotion.
The objective of the Service Provider is to analyze the developed curricula, study programs and teaching materials. Formation of technical requirements for the design and functionality of the program module “NUSCurriculum/Study Program/Teaching Materials Toolkit”. Testing and quality control of the platform. Scripting and preparing materials for online learning. Analysis of feedback from users, evaluation of the effectiveness of the system during the test period
3. Scope of Work
The Service Provider will be contracted to:
3.1 Design and Development of the software tool for Curriculum development, Study Program development, and Teaching Materials development. Testing and quality assurance, content entering.
3.2 Administration and maintenance of the developed tool.
3.3 Receiving from stakeholders, processing and preparing for the publication of content
The target groups for this e-Toolkit are:
- Authors and adapters of Curriculum, Study Programs, and Teaching Materials
- Principals and leaders of pilot schools
- Pilot school teachers, parents of children who study in pilot schools
- Representatives of publishers who develop and produce textbooks for the new Ukrainian school
4. Expected Deliverables
The software tool for Curriculum development, Study Program development, and Teaching Materials development has been improved and is available for all categories of users.
Authors and adapters of school standards, developers of curricula and programs, leaders and teachers of pilot schools, textbook publishers are actively using the tool in their work.
Key Outputs of Assignment:
The main output of the assignment is a developed software tool for Curriculum development, Study Program development, and Teaching Materials development.
As a minimum, the following modules of the tool will be developed or upgraded:
- Creating Educational Programs for Publishers tool.It is planned to create a separate module for representatives of publishing houses. Publishers can use the tool to create curriculum subjects, including integrated ones.
- Creation of a library of electronic educational resources (EER) (database of resources with labels (bindings) to specific expected results (SERs), educational subject (curriculum), class, type of resource (video, texts, videos, maps, etc.). Note: There may be several labels, for example, one EER can be recommended for different items of different SERs.
- Adding the Resource Provision module. It is assumed that upon completion of the program package, the school can go to the Resource section and review or change the resource provision of a specific curriculum, namely: to view the statistics of the availability of EER for the identified SERs (by branch, class, number), usage frequency statistics certain EER (as in SERs, because one EER, for example, educational video, can be used in various subjects, programs).
- Establishing an expert evaluation system for established learning programs: appoint experts, provide them with access to assessment (and modifying the status of comments) of programs that differ from the typical more than 25% (in this case, the expert should receive notification of the need for expertise). At the same time, the review statistics should be implemented (who and what programs reviewed), reviews and statuses (how many new programs have been accepted and what are the programs)
- Embedding e-learning system: adding a discussion forum, embedding a webinar system
- Administering technical + technical advisory
- Organizational administration (project participants – experts) + counselling (methodical organizational)
- Development of instructions and conducting of training webinars both in work with the platform, and in the development of training programs, their expertise, innovations in the project, etc.
The vendor must perform at least the following works:
Analysis of the developed curricula, study programs and teaching materials
- Developing of technical requirements for the design and functionality of the program module “NUS Curriculum/Study Program/Teaching Materials Toolkit”
- Developing and introducing training module for users
- Developing and introducing training module for publishers how to develop study programs using NUS Curriculum/Study Program/Teaching Materials Toolkit
- Testing and quality control of the platform
- Analysis of feedback from users, evaluation of the effectiveness of the system during the test period
- Analysing and reporting the results
- User interface design
- Software development (front end and back end)
- Testing, quality assurance of the developed software platform
- Primary content entering
- Administration of the developed tool and related software
- Preparation of information materials/knowledge database and answers to users’ questions
- Content processing and publishing
- Contacting the stakeholders and content authors
- Processing of the content and preparation for publication
- Preparation and presentation of the system for different categories of users
- Developing and introducing training modules
- Conducting workshops for respective audience
The budget, details of the assignment, terms and conditions will be specified in the contract between the FCG International Ltd (Contractor) and the local Service Provider. Payment milestones will be based on the acceptance of the key deliverables by the Project Management Team.
6. Submission requirements
The Proposal must include the following:
6.1 A Technical Proposal not exceeding 10 pages in length including the intended approach and the planned activities the implementation, the management of the undertaking, including an operational work plan with timelines.
6.2 Breakdown of costs
The budget breakdown must include two separate sections: “Fees of experts” and “Other Costs”. The fees shall be defined on rates based on working days or working months. The other Costs must be broken down to correspond the Technical Proposal and Work Plan. The Budget Breakdown must be in Euros.
6.3 The Curriculum Vitae of the consultant and for each member of the team (if a team approach is used).
6.4. Official documents proving the status of the organization and the document proving the financial capacity (annual turnover and profit/loss) of the organization.
Copies of registration documents (including a copy of the certificates of state registration of legal entities which the Participant plans to apply for the provision of services, a copy of the tax certificate; an Extract from the Statute indicating the activities).
Other relevant supporting material may be attached as an annex.
The Proposal must be in English.
7. Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated based on Quality (90% weight) and Price (10% weight).
The quality of the proposal will be evaluated based on the following:
- At least 3 years of activities on the market of software development, e-learning and curriculum development
- Ability to work in English and Ukrainian
General professional experience:
- Solid knowledge and experience in the New Ukrainian School Reform (NUS)
- Appropriate education of all key experts in the sphere of specialization
- Relevant competencies and professional experience in the respective area of expertise
- Strong knowledge and experience in software design and development issues
- Strong knowledge and experience in customer care and online content entering
- Strong knowledge and experience in content development and presenting
The official language of the assignment is English.
- The relevance of the approach and implementation methodology
- the expected impact of the proposed methodology
8. Deadline for Proposals
The timeline of the tender is as follows:
- All tenderers are requested to indicate their interest to submit their proposal by 30 August 2019 via email ([email protected]).
- In case the tenderers want to have further clarification on the competition, written questions must be sent via email ([email protected]) by 30 August 2019.
- All tenderers will be provided with answers to all clarification requests by 04 September 2019.
- The final application must be submitted by 06 September 2019 via email to ([email protected])
Please note that all written communication must be in English. Further instructions for the tender are given only from the email mentioned above. Any further information or advice obtained from other sources may be disregarded in the tender evaluation.