Вакансія – Enabling Environment Projects Coordinator for USAID for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity , DAI Global LLC
- ACTIVITY BACKGROUND:
The purpose of the United Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthening the Cybersecurity Enabling Environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Developing Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Building a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
The Activity focuses on building the national resilience through close cooperation with its beneficiaries and recipients by providing cybersecurity support to a number of operators of critical infrastructure. Simultaneously, the Activity assesses the needs and preparedness of core CI sectors for improved resilience. Key Activity recipients are selected for programming support, with an initial focus on healthcare, transportation, postal service and state registries, as well as local municipalities. In collaboration with the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (NSDC) and the Ministry of Digital Transformation (MDT), the Activity ensures the sharing of best practice, expertise, exchange of needs and recommendations for improvement of the country’s cybersecurity and resilience of its critical infrastructure.
This position is tasked with building and maintaining close cooperation with the Activity’s recipients to ensure the successful implementation of technical or advocacy projects that will contribute to the technical capacity building of government agencies and CIs, as well as the overall strengthening/modernization of the cybersecurity enabling environment (including legislative changes and the release of communication measures).
- ROLE’S PURPOSE:
Under the supervision of the Enabling Environment (EE) Lead, the Enabling Environment Projects Coordinator will have the key responsibility to work closely with the beneficiaries and recipients of the Activity to support the implementation of projects that will have a measurable impact on the development of digital resilience of public authorities and CIs, as well as that will accelerate Ukraine’s European integration efforts in the field of cybersecurity. The latter includes the coordination of activities related to regulatory changes and the establishment of coordination processes in the Ukrainian cybersecurity ecosystem.
Furthermore, the Enabling Environment Projects Coordinator will be responsible for preparing appropriate reporting documents that indicate the short-, medium- and long-term impact of projects on Ukraine’s cybersecurity space.
- Collaborating with beneficiaries and recipients to collect their specific objectives and challenges
- Designing customized support plans that align with the GoU and OCIs goals
- Conducting reviews, analysis, and preparation of documentation, developing scopes of work, terms of reference, program and action plans according to the Activity tasks
- Identifying areas for enhancing beneficiaries’ capacities, specifically to strengthen their digital resilience, modernize digital infrastructures and increase the cybersecurity capabilities of their organizations
- Monitoring legislative changes that have a significant impact on the Ukrainian cybersecurity ecosystem, as well as planning and implementing measures aimed at implementing international cybersecurity standards and international legislation in Ukraine
- Carry out a preliminary assessment (technical and organizational) of requests received from beneficiaries and recipients, providing preliminary conclusions on their support
- Taking active participation in grant program implementation with the cross-component Technical team
- Organization of events (conferences, workshops, etc.) related to the topic of strengthening the Enabling Environment and that meet the goals and objectives of the Activity
- Furnish timely updates to the Enabling Environment Lead, Chief of Party (COP), and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) on the advancement of each activity on a weekly/monthly basis, as requested
- Compile comprehensive reports concerning the fulfillment of contractual deliverables aligned with the project’s terms of reference
- Develop additional reporting documents as directed by the Enabling Environment Lead.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Enabling Environment Lead
- Master or higher educational degree in public administration, law, international relations, communication studies
- Preferred experience of working with GOU stakeholders
- Experience working with the GOU stakeholders (esp. in the cybersecurity sector) is an advantage
- Experience with the public sector, donor projects, and NGO stakeholders
- Previous USAID experience is an advantage
- Experience in organizing international conferences, trainings, and research with international partners
- Solid communication skills, including written skills
- Ukrainian – native speaker
- Fluency in English required
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting discrimination in all forms, nurturing respect for our interpersonal relationships, and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.”
DAI promotes workforce diversity and encourages persons from excluded groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
It’s Kyiv-based position.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]. by 15 March 2024 6:00pm Kyiv time. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.