USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) was designed to foster Ukrainian economic resilience in the face of Russia`s invasions. ERA supports displaced businesses and persons, and the newly liberated areas of Ukraine, to rebuild their lives and livelihoods and capitalize on entrepreneurial opportunities; and local institutions to rebuild a resilient post-war economy. Also, ERA is now one of the implementers of a U.S. government interagency Agricultural Resilience Initiative (AGRI) to bolster Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and to help alleviate the global food security crisis exacerbated by Putin`s brutal war on Ukraine, and USAID`s Economic Stability and Recovery Initiative (ESRI), focusing on keeping and creating jobs and helping small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) survive and grow.
ERA`s objective is to improve Ukraine`s economic resilience in response to Russia`s aggression, including the expanded invasion that began on February 24, 2022, which has disrupted critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and caused massive population disruption. ERA`s focus is to support Ukrainians forced to flee eastern Ukraine.
The activity aims to improve Ukraine`s economic resilience, specifically those Ukrainians impacted by Russia`s expanded invasion, by accomplishing the following objectives:
1) Stabilization and Inclusion: provide assistance to stabilize the economy of Ukraine;
2) Business Revival: support the sustainable development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs); and
3) New Economy: build confidence in the future of the Ukrainian economy.
About the job
The Support Officer/Translator ensures that the senior management’s (SMT) time is used in an effective and efficient manner, is responsible for helping to prioritize requests for the SMT’s time, and requires answering and triaging phone calls, emails, and other general communication. The Support Officer/Translator provides support to ERA senior management by performing consecutive and simultaneous translations during events and meetings. The Support Officer/Translator supports the USAID Economic Resilience Activity team by assisting with communication needs, participating in qualitative data collection, and providing interpretation services for the project team. The Support Officer/Translator is based in Kyiv and reports to Administration Support Manager.
Senior Management Support:
- Support the daily administrative and operational needs of SMT to include, but not limited to maintaining calendar schedules, handling emails, phone calls, correspondence, and meeting coordination;
- Draft documents and correspondence in English and (or) Ukrainian languages upon senior management’s request;
- Capture notes, action items, and meeting minutes and enter them into TAMIS as needed;
- Take on special tasks as assigned.
- Translate the documents upon request from Supervisor and/or technical team.
- Read and rewrite technical documents in the specified language, following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics;
- Serve as an interpreter at seminars, speeches, meetings, teleconferences, and symposia, providing consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages;
- Collaborate with colleagues to compile helpful information, including terms and definitions, into an organized glossary for regular reference during the translation process;
- Honor outlined ethical codes to ensure sensitive and confidential information remains secure and protected.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and other project documentation as required; maintain project files;
- Keep respective activity records in DAI corporate system (TAMIS);
- Perform other related tasks as requested by Supervisor and SMT.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Prior translator/interpreter experience;
- Experience with Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: July 2023
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: June 22, 2023.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com.