Спеціаліст/-ка Відділу Захисту/ (Protection Field Associate) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Protection Field Associate
Duty Station: Poltava, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 03 October 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Senior Protection Coordinator, and with the direct supervision of the Protection Field Officer for East and South, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing IOM Ukraine’s Protection Programming at the oblast/area level, applying protection principles and techniques, interagency and cluster guidelines, adhering to IOM standards and procedures, and collaborating with IOM teams, NGOs, authorities and other relevant partners.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide regular field updates aiming that key information is received from other staff and partners and directed to the Protection Field Team Leader and the National Protection Field Officer to improve protection activities and address operational problems by offering alternatives. This includes submitting high quality, frequent, and timely reports.
- Support with monitoring protection efforts of the NGO implementing partners at the oblast/areal level by monitoring their NGO projects’ implementation, reporting protection cases and related assistance requests for approval in the internal case management database, verifying interim and financial reports.
- Assist the Protection Field Team Leader in site management and cluster -level meetings, donor visits, and interacting with relevant partners on Protection issues.
- In coordination with the Protection Field Team Leader, support guidance to the Protection Field Assistant with managing individual protection cases, by identifying the needs of extremely vulnerable individuals, coordinating assistance for protection cases, applying case management practices, and supporting referrals to specialized services for victims of trafficking, GBV survivors, and children with protection needs.
- Support implementation of capacity building activities such as protection mainstreaming, counter-trafficking, and other thematic trainings, interacting with community members, other sectors and focal points, disseminating information on available services, conducting participatory community risk-mapping, and updating service mapping and referral pathway tools.
- Contribute to reporting and administration of field activities, such as drafting quality content, data collection and entry for reporting writing, facilitating procurement matters, collaborating with colleagues to meet deadlines, and proactively identifying programmatic and operational gaps.
- Conduct frequent field visits to IDP sites and other conflict-affected locations to observe, identify, and collect information on the situation, taking into special account vulnerable people, noting and reporting on gaps that may exist in any humanitarian service access and provision.
- Maintain positive working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders, partners, government officials, other sector staff and other implementing organizations on the ground.
- Undertake duty travel based on programme needs.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School degree/certificate with five years of relevant work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree with Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, Education, Law or International Relations or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with managing NGO projects/or volunteers or organizing community activities.
- Experience with social work, case management processes, and assisting persons in need.
- Familiarity with humanitarian operational responses, internal displacement, and Protection Principles.
- Previous work experience in a governmental, UN or NGO that deals with humanitarian and/or development work is preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills (logistics, procedures, archives).
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Strong understanding of English, communicative and writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.) and experience in working with databases and online applications.
- Ability to learn new thematic areas, such as those related to IOM’s protection work.
For all applicants, fluency in English and Ukrainian is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators – Level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to [email protected] by 03 October 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 27.09.2023 to 03.10.2023