IWPR Ukraine терміново шукає Programme and Communication Manager
IWPR seeks a Programme and Communication Manager to manage the day to day implementation of the IWPR’s MATRA-funded ‘Ukraine Forward: Amplifying Analysis’ project. The work includes setting program tasks and timelines; ensuring progress and making adjustments as necessary; identifying and developing partnerships with European entities, Ukrainian think tanks, media and opinion leaders to produce and amplify analytical content; overseeing editors and contracted experts; and fulfilling a number of related activities, as and when required under the project.
This is a new and exciting role suitable for a local English-speaking project manager or communication expert with strong experience in managing and promoting the socio-political and economic content; developing and managing partnerships; and developing strategies for effective impact-oriented project implementation.
The Ukraine Forward project will provide local voices with technical assistance in communications and editorial support to improve the quality of Ukrainian-authored content, increase its reach amongst international audiences, and provide local insights into the multifaceted dimensions of the war and its implications to international groups, especially in European Union states. In doing so, the project will facilitate connections between local and international expert communities to increase representation of Ukrainian voices in international coverage of the war and enable the country’s continued visibility on the international agenda. Ultimately, the project will bring Ukrainian expertise to the fore and support continued engagement with the Russian aggression amongst international audiences.
- Strategise, implement, and maintain project initiatives;
- Ensure the delivery of project outputs and compliance with approved activity plans including risk mitigation and change management if needed;
- Work closely with donor, project partners, team members to plan and implement scope, achieve deliverables within the budget and timeline;
- Produce program reports for management, donor and stakeholders;
- Build partnerships and networks with think tanks, experts, opinion leaders and media, both in Ukraine and in select European countries;
- Develop a map of stakeholders and defining a PR strategy with each;
- Plan and implement events, activities, define focuses needed for successful implementation of the project;
- Develop communications, messaging and focuses jointly with project partners and team;
- Develop and update communication strategy and respective plans;
- Plan communication activities and develop a content plan;
- Guide the Social Media Manager and Local Editor on the priorities, tasks and focuses;
- Define topics of materials to be produced within the project and create presentations (if necessary) and materials for further promotion;
- Conduct and/or commission media monitoring and adapt the project activities if needed;
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content if needed (e.g. original text, photos, infographics and news);
- Gather information and prepare reports for program M&E procedures. Extract and disseminate from these best practice and program highlights for reporting and communication purposes;
- Draft, edit and contribute to programmatic reporting, analytical reports on the activity impact and progress and M&E development;
- Carry out training and capacity building needs analysis for supported organisations and individuals;
- Compile materials for IWPR’s global communication channels;
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and encourages integrity, honesty, openness;
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required in line with the main duties;
- Report to Ukraine Project Manager based in Kyiv.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- A University degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience with extensive experience in communication functions or in strategic communications.
- Strong project management skills in the field of media and/or civil society, for international organisations or leading Ukrainian NGOs. Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous;
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques;
- Profound analytical skills and sound judgement of current geopolitical processes;
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organisational skills;
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively, reliability, thoroughness, and accuracy;
- Exceptional communication abilities, including writing, speaking and active listening;
- English, Ukrainian and Russian fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
- Good report writing and editing skills.
- Advanced computer skills and experience in handling of web-based management and communication systems;
- Ability to work both independently, with limited supervision, and as an effective team member.