Accounting Manager / Менеджер(-ка) з бухгалтерського обліку
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a seven-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The USAID ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The USAID ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support the country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. USAID ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, USAID ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians. USAID ESP is currently in the fifth year of implementation and will run through June 2025.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. implementing the USAID Energy Security Project is looking for an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for a timely provision of financial and operations support to all program financial, accounting activities and for the implementation of financial systems, procedures and policies. The Accounting Manager will ensure coordination and effective sharing of information and resources within the department.
The Accounting Manager will work cooperatively with project Senior Finance Manager, employees, short-term consultants, and partner organizations to contribute to the success of the program. This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager and work closely with the entire project team to plan, coordinate, and track program support services and activities. This is a full-time position for the period of 1 year with the possibility of an extension for another term. The position is based in Kyiv office and might require occasional business travel in/outside Ukraine.
* Please note: Only Ukrainian nationals are eligible for this position. *
* The position is pending USAID’s approval.
- Record all accounting transactions in the Online QuickBooks;
- Prepare and submit monthly package of reports within the deadlines set by the HO regulations;
- Review vouchers of financial transactions to be submitted to the home office accounting team;
- Prepare and submit VAT-exemption report to the Tax Authorities, identify the transactions to be VAT-exempted; be a contact person for vendors on the VAT-exemption issues and questions, provide with explanations;
- Maintain and prepare foreign taxes report;
- Manage Accounts Payable function including processing and paying vendor invoices, verification of invoices against purchase orders;
- Review online bank payment orders in electronic bank payment system and verify that all submitted supporting documents to be in compliance with USAID’s rules and regulations as well as Tetra Tech’s procurement policies;
- Collaborate with bank on the Project bank account issues;
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations in collaboration with other team members;
- Maintain Inventory Register in collaboration with Finance Assistant and Finance Specialist;
- Performs other tasks assigned by Senior Finance Manager.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finances, Economics or Business Administration;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and labor taxation of Ukraine is required;
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of financial operations procedures;
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent, self-starter, with strong customer service orientation;
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities;
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel, and accounting software QuickBooks;
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, visit the Project website https://energysecurityua.org, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/ and Youtube.