Старший аналітик з питань безпеки та оборони, Програма НАТО-Україна з Професійного Розвитку
OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: Senior Defence and Security Analyst, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 8
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5 October 2020 (COB)
The NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine under the Comprehensive Assistance Package (CAP) for Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine (NLO), mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated and senior defence and security professional to co-ordinate implementation of the PDP Programme, and provide day-to-day direction to the PDP Team of seven staff at the NLO Ukraine.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- possess a first level university degree in politics, law, international relations, security or defence studies, or other relevant field;
- have a minimum of ten years of directly relevant work experience;
- possess working experience in Ukraine (government or NGO sector), preferably connected to NATO programmes or other international security related institutions;
- have demonstrated capability to manage reform programmes;
- possess experience in project management and successfully leading a team;
- have an intermediate knowledge of word processing applications and presentation applications;
- languages: English, level 4 (Advanced); Ukrainian, level 6 (Proficient);
- have no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The following would be considered an advantage:
- considerable work experience in national security and/or defence and security sector reform;
- experience with an international organization, embassy or similar organization;
- flexibility to work outside of normal working hours, when necessary.
- MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- establish and maintain effective work relationships with national government officials, international organizations, NGOs, civil society organizations and other relevant parties; liaise with various institutions, community leaders and opinion formers;
- provide political reporting/analysis on national security and defence and security sector reform and balanced information about current events, provide advice and background assessments, reports and updates;
- direct the co-ordination of the PDP governance structure including the High-Level Strategy Group and the Management Board and ensure timely and regular meetings and co-ordinate the distribution of joint minutes and action item plans;
- co-ordinate and oversee the PDP project planning and execution processes, establishing measurable return on investment mechanisms including impact assessments and benefits mapping;
- support the HQ-based Team Leader for the CAP for Ukraine in drafting and preparing relevant reports, analyzing documents/letters, drafting and delivering letters;
- address meetings of the PDP Steering Committee under the NATO-Ukraine Joint Working Group on Defence Reform (JWGDR), as required;
- co-ordinate co-operation with the key international partners of the PDP;
- make innovative proposals on relevant NATO PDP activities in Ukraine;
- provide day-to-day direction to the PDP team on behalf of the HQ-based Team Leader for the CAP for Ukraine;
- co-ordinate, under supervision of the Director, NATO Liaison Office, all bank-related activities, including payments, currency exchange contracts, and any other activities regarding the everyday financial issues of the Programme;
- maintain a professional, courteous and responsible client-oriented manner and uphold the absolute confidentiality and security of NATO information;
- perform other related duties.
The Senior Defence and Security Analyst reports to the Team Leader, the CAP for Ukraine, at the Operations Division, NATO HQ.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement: Works to meet standards.
- Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
- Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- Initiative: Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
- Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
- Self-Control: Responds calmly.
- Teamwork: Cooperates.
- CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer an attractive package including competitive social benefits (health care including health and accident insurance), generous leave package, and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract, renewable subject to continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Please indicate “NATO PDP Senior Defence and Security Analyst” in the subject line of the email.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
- a CV/Resume;
- a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
- at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is
5 October 2020, Close of Business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Earlier applications are strongly encouraged.
Only electronic applications will be considered.