Сhemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Office Manager
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks an Office Manager for a USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI)-funded Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II). The positions will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
USAID’s Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II) complements ongoing USAID efforts to create a prosperous and stable Ukraine. The program provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance to Ukrainian partners in support of successful, peaceful democratic transition and community cohesion in the wake of the conflict and deepened social tensions in the East.
The program’s overarching objectives are to:
- Increase citizen support for and participation in the development of a modern, inclusive Ukrainian identity, and
- Increase citizen confidence and engagement in the reform process at the local level.
The majority of UCBI II assistance is delivered as grants to local partners, including goods, services, and technical support. UCBI works closely with a range of partners, including national and local civilian government entities, civil society organizations, and community leaders to ensure that activities respond to local priorities and address underlying tensions. Chemonics International is USAID’s implementing partner for the UCBI II program
Responsibilities for this position include:
The office manager will play a critical role in providing logistical, administrative, and financial management support to project activities in the eastern regions of Ukraine. The office manager will assist in the management of day-to-day operational issues including management of facilities and logistics; establish and maintain the project’s field office; ensure proper accounting of project expenditures; and conduct and oversee inventory of the project property. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop basic office systems and write and implement accompanying procedures.
- Prepare all necessary administrative forms for project related items.
- Procure office supplies, greet and assist visitors, and help schedule meetings and events.
- Arrange for and oversee the maintenance of office equipment.
- Serve as liaison with home office on field personnel administrative inquiries.
- Maintain tracking systems, such as procurement, publications, action memos and approvals.
- Perform orientation for short-term consultants on field office procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all translators and drivers.
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of timesheets.
- Supervise the maintenance of the project’s filing system.
- Supervise the preparation, receipt, distribution, and filing of all incoming and outgoing written project communications.
- Provide any other administrative tasks assigned by supervisor to ensure efficient and smooth support to the project.
- Make hotel and logistical arrangements for short-term advisors and advisors traveling throughout Ukraine.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum two years of experience in an administrative capacity required.
- Experience making logistical arrangements.
- Experience supervising personnel required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that communicates the established message of the program.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, local and national governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Computer literacy required.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian required.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by February 01, 2019. Please insert the position you are applying for (“Office Manager”) in the subject line and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”